Monday, April 2, 2012

FINALLY. GOSH.

I don't even want to know how long this took me to complete.

Heck, you might not even remember that I had this project on thee ole agenda:


Yes. Behold my severely neglected DVD case door. Wanna know why it took me so long to finally get the ole girl downstairs?

I don't want to talk about it.

Alright, fine. I just got super discouraged. Though I used the smallest screws in the door, they were still sticking out of the back and needed to be ground down. Metal grinders? They throw sparks about 5-10 feet.

I just didn't feel like doing that right then. Oooorrrrrrr. . . for the next two months.

Hinges? WHY ARE HINGES SO CONFUSING TO A GIRL LIKE ME?

I have no ability to picture in my head exactly how hinges should work/be on projects. Have to have the hubs figure it out for me every time.

And so. . . the DVD case sat like this for a while.

It was still darned useful. (p.s. there's a zombie on your lawn.) And I thought we had the world's largest DVD collection, but the shelves have proved me wrong.

Got all my favorite movies lined up here.

So awesome.

See it all done, and FINALLY in place?

Ta da. 20 years later, and it's done. Dang, I'm good.

20 comments:

Kim Conner said...

That thing is AWESOME. Has anyone told you you're cool? You are.

Kimbo West said...

so...like how heavy is this thing? let's say someone was going to take it the cleaners to get cleaned in the middle of the night..should she bring two boys? three to move it? i would bring it right back. in about 56 years.

means girls is one of my fav. i think your next project is to list your top 100 movies.

Kimbo West said...

oh..even better..let's do a linky party and get everyone to list their favs.

Kimbo West said...

i'll make a button for it.

Rach said...

That turned out amazing! Awesome.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You are, Mandi! You did a fantastic job on this! Love it and how it hides the DVD's.

Becca Christensen said...

I love it! Looks amazing.

Maureen said...

Mandi,

This is great! So much fun. I thought you were going to paint it? Honestly, I couldn't picture it in my mind but now I don't have to do that. Is this ALL your DVDs? Sweetie, I would need FIVE of those! Who is your favorite character on CLUE? My fav scene is the shooting of the singing telegram girl. Da Da Da Da Da Da DA I am your singing telegram - Boom! I laugh everytime. Have you seen Victor/Victoria? You should.

Maureen

Lisa Scibilia said...

You've gotta have the coolest house on the block. I bet all the kids want to play over there! SO creative - you blow my mind Mandi Tremayne!!!!
Dumb & Dumber - the snowball fight scene??? One of my all time faves the way he gets the serious look on his face and then pummels the girl with snowballs!!!!!

WhettenWild said...

A. That turned out really, really awesome! Love!

and 2. Those movie quotes are making me laugh my head off. Good choices, and good quotes. And now I am going to be saying the Marky Mark quote over and over again like I was after that 9/11 Mark Wahlberg thingy.

Rebecca D said...

It turned out so cute! I am tottaly smitten by this... Yes, I am in deep smit...

I hate grinders too, and have resorted to tears to get my husband to grind one single nail for me!

You don't have "So I married an Axe Murderer" on your favorites shelf? This makes me sad...

SueAnn said...

Very cool piece! Geez! I thought I took forever to get projects done!
Ha! Just kidding!!
Looks fabulous!
Hugs
SueAnn

Brown-Eyed Girl said...

love that thing! Is that what oak looks like with a dark stain? We've got an entertainment center that needs some updating badly and I thought staining it would be a good option.

Michelle Johnnie said...

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Totally in love with it!!!!

Veronica said...

That really looks great!

Emily said...

Kay, seriously that is just awesome!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

testing testing 123

Daddy-O said...

That may be one of my all-time-favorite projects you've done. It looks soooooo good!

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

Just wanted to say that that was a ridiculously cool idea. You rock Mandi. Really.

Cheri

Teri said...

What a freaking awesome idea! I love it!