Thursday, January 19, 2012

Everybody's Doing It.

Meanwhile, while I wrestle with my "MovieCase" out in thee ole gay-rage,

I wanna tell you about something I actually finished.

Allow me to start from the beginning, would ya now puddin' pop?

See, the Mommy-o -- she's been working on family history, and she began scanning in these totally freaking awesome, old, family pictures.

And I have been so taken with them. I am in love with these old shots. It's stuff like this.

And this.

Or this.

It's my grampa. And he is pretty much adorable, isn't he??

Well, since I saw these pictures, I knew I wanted to use them. . . somehow.

The Mommy-o has used them in a totally awesome way, and believe you me, I'll be showing you soon--

but this is what I came up with. You know the gigantor engineering prints?

You know. Everyone's doing it.

Cheri & Mandy (respectively) hooked us up with this awesomeness.

Well, I got my buns on down to Office Max and printed out an engineering print for the low, low cost of $3.99, and I (finally!) knew just where to put it.

Do you remember my hellacious bathroom makeover?


I just had this blank, boring wall in there. Obviously, it is not this wall. And I just couldn't decide what to put there. Until now. . .

Wanna see which picture I chose? I freaking love this shot.

There's just something, so, je ne sais quoi about it, no?

I, too, attached my print to foamboard using spray adhesive, and sealed it with a coat of spray Mod Podge.

Folks: spray Mod Podge stanks. Stanks. I just thought you should know.

Is this photograph not perfect for a water closet?

NOW I consider this bathroom done. It's open for a #1. Or a #2. And my ancestors are there to laugh at you while you do it, too.

17 comments:

Rach said...

That's awesome!

Love the picture you chose.

Daddy-O said...

Love It!

Carla said...

So, I'm just a random person who was shown your blog by a friend who was shown by a friend, but I love it and that picture is amazing! Perhaps I should do some genealogy...

SueAnn said...

The old pics are awesome for sure!
Love the one you chose for the bathroom. Perfect
Hugs
SueAnn

Lisa Scibilia said...

Great use of a AWESOME old photo!! How fun! The rest of the photos are great too.....love the one of the crowd in the water, and man your grampa was a looker!

COTTAG3 said...

I LOVE old pictures. I am now the keeper of most of our old family photos and they are so interesting and fun. I really need to figure out what I can blow up to make one of those poster things. That is cool.

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

didn't I warn to stay away from the mod podge?!?

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I just pinned that idea the other day. I was thinking of doing something in David's room as we redo it. I love old photos too. I have one of Dan's dad in his army uniform framed in my living room. I like yours in the bathroom. I hope those suits never come back in style. :)

Carrielyn said...

I know it's lazy, but I totally want a "like" button for this!

jane said...

that's such a great idea to do with old photos! Love those shots and the one you chose ;)

Leca said...

WOw! I love it! That picture is one you can stare at for hours. There is something wonderful about old photographs. It feels like you get to see a little more of the person's personality.

Emily said...

I love old pictures! What a great way to display it!

Heidi said...

Mandi you are so stinkin BRILLIANT! I LOVE it!

Missy Maker said...

Wow, that is such a good idea!! I love you Mandi...

Nicki Rocky said...

Fantastic picture you chose, perfect for a bathroom. Now all you need is one of an anscestor with a clothes peg on his nose!

Pressed Petals said...

what a marvelous idea! gets my brain wheels going. i seem to be the keeper of everyone's photos.

Udygirl said...

I love the pictures of Grandpa! I've never seen them... they're great :D
You are so clever! That is a great idea to use those pics for your house. I really need to come see your house.