Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eet Ees Za Cherry On Top.

Now, c'est finis, finally.

Je t'aime. #73: check!

Now, the other side of this wall, isn't my amour so much. It's not that I don't love this sign:

'cause I do. It just doesn't belong in this area. It doesn't "go" here. Plus, this lil dude

needed a buddy elsewhere. Don't they look like they could so be BFF?

So, the other side of that wall: I needed some inspiration. Some revelation. An awakening, if you will. And then I saw this.

Not what they were actually advertising. No no. This advertisement (like an englishman: "advert-is-ment" as opposed to "ad-vert-eyes-ment") is for the furniture. I adore thee roman numerals. Yes. The X's and the I's.
They don't even sell these. What was I to do? A search of the interweb brought up naught, my trusty hob lob couldn't help me. . .

I explained it to Jeff, and with a very huge raised eyebrow ("did I know my wife was this strange when I married her?" Too late sucka!) he assumed I was discussing cutting this in vinyl.

Vinyl?
Vinyl.
Huh. Hmm. . .

And when I turned to my decorating diva SIL Tiff, she said "If vinyl's that cheap for you, why not make it, and keep searching for something else? Then you can replace it if you want."

Touchè. This is why I ask her these things. She is wise beyond her years.
Now, I got the raised eyebrow again after I cut these and the hubs saw the font I chose.

But, me likey. #74 (find those cool roman numerals for the other side of the wall) et complet. Sorta-kinda-maybe.

Now if there were only a way to make a thermostat prettier.

9 comments:

Dara said...

That walkway was such an odd area...I hated it, but LOVE what you have done! I am dying to see everything you have done inside...is that odd?

dena4kids said...

I like the numbers, and the door looks AWESOME! I have got to get me one of those machines! I love all the vinyl! Nice job!

chris w said...

Like like like!

Those FHE and the Fam plaques are definitely destined to be together. I'll be excited to see where you put them.

Yay for checking off the list!

Tiffany said...

Oooh, that turned out super cute! Even better than the magazine, I would keep it!

WhettenWild said...

I like it! Can't wait to see it in person.

Cha Cha said...

I love the numbers, what a staement they make. You did a great job, thanks for sharing.
Cha Cha

Funky Junk Interiors said...

You're outa control. And I love it. :)

Thanks for linking up to SNS!

FJ Donna

Carisa Knox said...

I have got to get one of the cutting machine thingy's. What do you call it and how much will it set me back?
BTW, I love the door/shutter thing you have going on. Seriously, that is one of the best, most creative ideas uses old materials I have ever seen. When I was in the Habitat Restore a week or so ago, I saw shutters for .50 and a door for $2. If I had a place to put it I would make my own.
Love your style!

bijewrit said...

keep posting like this it’s really very good idea, you are awesome!

paxil