Thursday, November 29, 2012

We Are So Not Done Here.

This has nothing to do with anything.  But I have to share.  Just for a sec, okay? 
 
The other day, I was on Pinterest, late at night, (this is my typical pinning hour) and I was laughing so hard there were tears, and my husband stopped, stared at me, and asked if I needed a breathing treatment.
 
Some days, crap just hits you funny.
 
 
I think the caption for this picture, was something along the lines of, "It started with beers.  And then it was all, 'dude, get your camera and get ready.'"
 
 
Bwahahaha.  Can you see yourself keeping chalk in the glove compartment for just such emergencies?
 
And my personal favorite:
 
 
I've been that mad before.  But it was a pine, for me.
 
Okay.  Sorry.  Got that out of the way.
 
Let's talk about. . .. ze mantel.
 
Where were we?  Oh, right.  Going nuts with the router.
 


(note to self: sawdust is now ev.er.y.where.  Let's keep that in mind, next time.)
 
 So I slapped this together couple days ago:



clearly, this is pre-paint-vomit. If you can even look at the mantel itself and get past all the background disaster.

So! I got 'er painted and hauled her old bones up to the boudoir. I knew I had to do some molding demo to get this against the wall. Can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. ("Every cook will tell you that!" . . ."But look what happened to the cook!" name that movie!)



Grrrrrr-eat. More painting. Does it look like I took this picture at midnight? It was like, 5:05 p.m. I hate that.

And so, here we are, all in place. And before December 1st, what what?



I'll be honest with you, though-- I felt like this faux mantel need a little something. . . more. I could tell Jeffro thought it was a little plain, too.

I thought about breaking my rule. Swore I'd never tile one more freaking thing, long as I lived. Well, my pants are on fire. Hanging from a telephone wire. But this doesn't have to be a big deal, does it?

Don't you think a little tile would be a real addition? Too late. Already started.



Show ya when I'm all done. I'm gonna let the kids decorate this mantel for Christmas. Tee hee.

9 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh it looks awesome Mandi!! And you tiled it too? I do not know where you find the time and energy and as usual I stand in awe of you.

Sue@House Pretty said...

Gosh, ambitious "little" project, now wasn't it?! I'm impressed!

Samantha said...

That looks lush, you're truly skilled in the old woodwork dept. I wish I knew you and you lived near me, I need me a desk and shelves building, you'd love it! alas, I cannot afford to fly you to Wales to build it! :(

M Mommy to 4 said...

Woohoo for Clue! Love that movie! Way to put that quote in there! And I LOVE the mantle!

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!

Carolyn Dennis said...

I dunno... It's a toss up between the trash can and the tile in my book... you could have gone either way...

I JEST!! SOOOOOOOOOOO love it!

Janet said...

It's looking so pretty! I'm excited to see it when it's all done!

SueAnn Lommler said...

Looks great....I love mantles!!
Have fun
Hugs
SueAnn

Emily said...

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see it all decorated!