Sunday, September 9, 2012

Deep Thoughts By Jack Handey.

Today,
 
because I'm having an identity crisis and have just finished a super chaotic week (so much so that I feel like I just bounced down the stairs in a box of cymbals),
 
please allow me to share my thoughts.  Clear the air.  And the brain, if you will.
 
First off?  The identity crisis?  Why am I talking in questions?  My kids have all suddenly wanted to be in "stuff".  All at the same time.  I used to say,  "I'm always home."    And I am always home.

Except for when I'm not.
 Now, I feel like my world's turned upside down with pick ups and drop offs and pickups ("South to drop off, Moron!") .
 
I'm sure I just need to adjust.  Right?  RIGHT??
 
Secondly,
I thought seeing this movie would be awesome.  Hello?  Harry Potter with an Aberforth Dumbledore/Mr. Rochester reunion??  How can I miss out, right?
 


I watched it this weekend. "Big mistake. Big. Huge."

Don't watch this movie. Unless you are not a wimp like me. If you enjoy movies that other people cover their faces for about 75% of it, then this movie is for you. This movie contains children who get hurt. You need to know that I cannot handle this kind of movie.  Can.  NOT.

Let's put it this way. Allow me to refresh your memory of our usual sleeping conditions in this house:



Remember? I'm on the right?

This weekend, I was upset enough to basically sleep on top of Jeffro. So basically,

I've learned my lesson about watching spooky movies.
And my husband is thinking he needs to show his wife more spooky movies.

I'm not sure I can touch this movie to put it back in its case and return it, it is that evil. "The fru-its of the devil, eee-vil." But again, I am a wimp.

 Let's move on since I'm tensing up.

On a happier note! I am totally excited about fall decor! (stop thinking about there's someone behind me. . .stop thinking there's someone behind me)

You just have to see these gourds I grew.  Had no idea what I was gonna get since the package was a random plethora of gourd seeds, but check this out.



Dip-dyed, baby. So stylin'.  Aren't they awesome?

And finally?

Source: ana-white.com via Mandi on Pinterest

I've been building this. We've wanted a console table for forever.



And I am taking soooo long on this sucker. Longest I've ever taken to build, well, anything.

In a way? I'm proud of myself. My typical ants-in-the-pants attitude has me staying up late to finish  projects, getting even the largest ones done in a day.  Sometimes they're done even before I ever thought of them.  It's amazing.

So I'm glad I'm taking on this more. . . laid back approach to things.

Expect this to be done in 2013. Maybe.



'Cause so far,  I am just spanking this one out.

7 comments:

Rebecca D said...

I hated that movie too... HATED it! But I was the only one in the house... The rest of my family really liked it... It was so bad, I thought they were just messing with me! I now feel validated, thank you very much!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Thanks for the warning about the movie! I hate when someone recommends one to me, and I end up hating it for a perfectly viable reason, such as children being hurt! That happened to me with Slumdog Millionaire. I feel like I was the only person on the planet who hated it. Um, men heating up spoons and scooping kids' eyes out with them to make them handicapped so they'll be more effective beggars? NO. A thousand times NO!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Yeah, I kinda thought that movie was going to be one of those nightmare inducing scary ones, Mandi! I read the book and would have liked to see it, but at least at home if you cover you face 75% of the time, you are not losing out on a college tuition payment. Love that console! I need one about half that size for my sunroom. My granddaughter's toys have taken over a nice little section, and if I could get the the baskets and other things off the floor I'm sure it would look much neater.

Audra said...

i like scarey movies, but i can't handle when kids get hurt. So thank you so much for letting me know. and incase you haven't seen it, don't watch "Faith Like Potatos" story is good. but a little boy gets run over by a tractor and its so realistic. i watched when my baby was a 3 month old BIG MISTAKE!

Layne Bushell said...

The running crazy...I so get it! I love the days when I can just.stay.home. They're rare. That said...we need to calendar together so we can get some projects done.

Emily said...

ooohh, I love scary movies. I may have to check this one out!

I'm sorry that you are running all over the place. If you ever get overwhelmed, just pull over call me and I will bring you some chocolate! Ü

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I really didn't have an interest in watching that movie and you've now confirmed it for me. Don't worry, I'm a big wimp, too. We could even start a club.