Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Story Telling With Mandi.

Ya know,

I feel like all I've done for the past month or two, music book shelves excepted,
is build crap.  Or do some carnie-ing (it's a verb).  And that's about it.

And, well, while I've been on trips lately, I keep bringing along a BH&G mag.  And you know what kind of trouble that brings.

Now, I wanna remodel a room, somewhere.  A room that I don't have.  I want to cover something in molding, for crying out loud!  I want to . . .dare I say it? . . . paint something.

Yes.  The world has gone mad.  Mandi wants to PAINT something. 

I've got alllll kinds of crazy ideas in the noggin', and this one was up first.  'Cause it was/is a train wreck.  And it was easy. 
Behold:


Do you, too, have a plain, ugly door? I love this.

I love this, too:


and since my fugly door is metal (I know, I know-- it's called Liquid Nails), I went the paint route.

  Let me share a little story with you: remember me mentioning a little DIY class, held in my gay-rage? I spent a massive time cleaning out the space, and you should have seen the door in there.

Wait. No. NO. You shouldn't have seen the door in there. Don't expect to see the "before". EVER. I have my pride.
Just think: fingerprints. EVERYWHERE. They're not coming clean. Dents, stains, smears-- that sort of thing.
And in the midst of my crazed cleaning frenzy, I picked up the paint roller I had been using to finish up my concrete floor and went to town on my "someone used this metal door as a toilet" door.



And it still looked like poo. But, HELLO? Why am I painting a door and its door frame, when I have like, 10 million other things to do, plus, it's opening a can of worms ("Oh, now I should take care of the wall around it. And wait! What about these nasty stairs leading up to it? They need a sanding and a restaining and and and. . . ")?
Why do I explain these things?
Anyhow,
I'm kinda partial to stripes.
 


I did this in the morning in my jammies the other day. Thought you should know.

And since we're into story-telling:



don't you judge my brass door knob! It's going to be removed as soon as my next trip to Lowe's. Which is this afternoon. Thanks for asking.

This brass door knob from H? It locks easily. Kids lock it occasionally for fun. I have NO key for this door. Yes, I've locked myself out of the house before. It involved the early morning, my rattiest, nastiest pajamas, and the unfortunate, desperate need to go #2.
And I don't know about you, but I am not going to the neighbor's to say I'm locked out and can I use your can to drop a deuce?

The door knob is sooo gonzo.



And I like my "new" door, too. Tempted to do the other door in the ole gay-rage the same.

9 comments:

Lisa at Shine Your Light said...

There's something about having a nice door to walk into your house through, right? Its such a weird phenom that we make our houses pretty where guests will see them on occassion and neglect the parts we use every day (my bedroom comes to mind). Your garage door looks great in all it's stripey happiness.

Janice said...

OH, how I love your blog.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Mandi, your awesome pallet hanging bench is featured here!

gina said...

I love your door - I may have to copy that one.... and then add some vinyl.... =)

Emily said...

I would never have thought to paint the garage door. The strips are so cool!

Emily said...

I would never have thought to paint the garage door. The strips are so cool!

Clever Sara said...

Oh! I've just found your blog- it appears I've located a long lost sister! Crafty, honest, choice vocab and an amazballs way of narrating life and its adventures!

Clever Sara said...

Oh! I've just found your blog- it appears I've located a long lost sister! Crafty, honest, choice vocab and an amazballs way of narrating life and its adventures!

Teri said...

I really love how you get an idea in your head and you just go for it. You are inspiring, Mrs. Tremayne! :)