Sunday, January 8, 2012

What My Boy-Toy Will Do For Me.

Many moons ago,

I got a string of emails from the Daddy-o. No subject; no words. Just attached pictures. Pictures, like,

this.


And here:

we have Napoleon's brother, Kip.

And this:

Yes. Lumber storage racks.

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, DADDY-O? Huh? HUH?
(totally wagging my head all up in your face)

Are you saying there's a problem in my garage?

Just because the whole family trips on lumber every time we go to get in the car. You act like that's a bad thing. Yeesh.

And you know what? Maybe I enjoy watching the hubs cuss and kick crap out of the way.

So, um, I may have a problem. It's called "Hoarders: Lumber Edition."

Told the hubs I had big plans to build a lumber rack.
(Just as soon as I had nothing more fun to do. . . )

And so, the hubs took matters into his own hands.

Aw. He's a good man, that boy-toy of mine.

And it was right prior to this point in the construction,

that I had zero idea where he was going with this lumber storage rack. But I knew he was a man with a plan.

Can you see it?

A bin to hold all my crown, casing, chair rail, baseboard, and 1 by whatever scraps?? With longer slots for full pieces? Like my 2x4's and so forth?

I would like you to know that as we moved this thing around the gay-rage, I was convinced a 2x4 was going to come down and slam me in the noggin'.

"It hurts. . . not so much here, or here. . . but right here."

Shoulda done this a looooooong time ago.

The back holds longer sheets of stuff. Like my beloved plywood.

Or my Halloween picture thingies. (And that jagged piece might be the one I hit with my car, cough.)
And, um,

we've already completely filled it. And we still have scraps around.

Bonfire, anyone?

24 comments:

alesa said...

That is awesome!. I love that.

Rach said...

Niiiiiice.

And love the "I spy kip" photo....

Micki said...

SWEEEEEEET! Think he could come to my house and make me one of those? Just Kidding....but I would love to have one of those!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

You really needed that. I think your husband made that out of love for you and for the sake of all your toes!

Janelle said...

He is soooo cool.

Emily said...

What a sweet hubby you have! And I love that it's already full!! You're awesome!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

That boy-toy of yours, he's a keeper! Could that lumber storage BE any cooler! I can't wait to see what you come up with now that you can see all the stuff you have to use!

SueAnn said...

I will bring the s'mores!! Nice storage system

Hugs
SueAnn

The Miller Five said...

Awesome! Now make that boy toy a sandwich! Ha ha ha

Suesan said...

That boy(toy) is a keeper for sure! Love the storage system. Ours is all up high in the barn and I have to climb a ladder to reach any of it. I may get that man of mine on one of these. :D Thanks for the inspiration.

Shirley said...

He really made that so that your creative energy could be used to make more things!! :) And cause he's a great guy!

WhettenWild said...

That dude totally does look like Kip. LOL. I bet its really nice to have that stuff outta the way!

Maureen said...

Mandi,

Man does he love you!!?!! My boy-toy (Humph - I wish!!) would never do this for me. Jim took my extra pieces of wood and stacked them under the Jag in the garage. This was the extent of his help other than to say (exaspiratedly) WHY do you SAVE this stuff? I mean, what if wood becomes, you know, hard to come by?
Seriously Mandi, the build is terrific and it is great that now you have a place to put everything ang that you can easily find what you want or need due to the dividers. Love the place for plywood sheets on the back so that they are not stacked against the walls.
Poor Jim, I rag on him all the time.

Maureen

Layne Bushell said...

I saw him workin' on that a few days ago and was wonderin' what he was up to. Way cool! Don't do a bonfire, can I come shop the scrap pile?

Libby said...

are you going to paint it white and add molding? THEN it would be the envy of all things in garages!

Wish I had enough lumber (one 14x14" piece of plywood) to warrant an organizer.

Looks really useable and congrats on reducing the possibility of hitting anymore pieces of wood!

Nicki Rocky said...

Ooooh, does your Boy Toy fancy a trip to England? I could really find a use for such a handy chap! (I MIGHT even consider an exchange program because mine is a superb cook?!)

XXOO AMY said...

yep, Im jealous!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Nothing says true love like the boy-toy building a lumber rack for his girl. Awwwwww!
No really - that is so cute!

Lori said...

You really needed that. Lucky everybody!

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

can't..keep..up..with..you!!!!! you and hubby are so amazing at what you accomplish with 4 kids!!!! love all your projects Mandi!! hugs, cathy

Maureen said...

Hey Mandi,

I forgot to ask - did you guys have to buy more wood for this or did you simply use what was on hand?

Maureen

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Could someone build one of these for my husband? We have scraps out the wazoo in the garage, AND THE BASEMENT! It's insane. Someday, maybe, the house will be exactly, perfectly right, and then we can have a bonfire. Until then, I guess the scraps (and accompanying tools and screws) will be all over the place.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

You totally have an (organized) lumber yard in your garage now. That's LEGIT!

이상훈 said...

Very nice.