Friday, August 6, 2010

I feel like an arteeste.

So we're way ahead in holiday decorating making, here.

And that's okay, right? 'Cause it's better to do it now while I'm excited about it and not too busy, rather than wait and run out of time. Right? Right?

Well, when I saw some other awesome person on blogland (forgive me! My computer crashed! I don't know where I saw it, cannot find it anywhere, cannot find the picture, nothin' . . .don't you judge me!) make one of thems stick your face in the picture and take a picture thingy's. . . you know what I'm talking about?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

You know, one of these:

Hello? I explained it well. "Stick your face in the picture and take a picture thingy's" is the best description you've heard.

I knew I had to make my own, Halloweeny one. You know for our Annual Halloween Party. I must do this.

Took a sheet of plywood (under $11 at the hardware store) we had laying around in the gay-rage.

No, seriously, we have these laying around the gay-rage. They're so useful.

Painted it white.
(Thanks for the 2nd coat because of your tire marks, Jeffrey!)
Guess I shouldn't have left a freshly painted piece of plywood on the floor of his side of the gay-rage.

Got myself some of these:

and began searching for a picture I could use.

What do you even type into a google search for a Halloween picture? "Halloweeen picture"? "Halloween cartoon"? Well I got lucky. When I saw this:

It was twoo wuv.

So with the help of a projector and some craft paint,

we'll be sweating to death and having fun in the gay-rage today finishing this up.

I think I might be kind of sad to cut their faces out when all is said and done.?.

Also, on a scale of 1-10, one being perfectly sane, and 10 being insane, where am I at if I allow my anxious, excited 7 year old to help me finish today?

19 comments:

dena4kids said...

That is AWESOME! So did you happen to have an overhead projector in your gay-rage, because I need your gay-rage!

Rebecca D said...

What an amazingly fun idea! I am so stealing this and taking credit... ok, I'll throw a little your way...

Dede said...

You. Are. The. COOLEST. Person. I. Know!!!

Ps, yep I'm on good reads, under evelyn cox!

Teri said...

What a wicked idea! I can't wait to see it in action! :)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

YES! This is awesome.

From being told as a young child that Halloween is Satan's holiday, I still feel a tinge of guilt when I dress up.

That's why this year I'm going to go as Charleston Heston as Moses. Because apparently you can dress up for Satan's holiday if you go as a Bible character.

Layne Bushell said...

that's so awesome. can i come to the halloween party too? i wanna be marge!

Trina said...

I love it! You're a genius!

Nothing crashes me into guilt faster than when I'm working on a project I want just so, and a kid pops in and begs to help. So conflicted! So what did you decide to do?

gina3 said...

Oh this is going to be soooo coool when it's done. That's a lot of painting to do though. Good luck.

WhettenWild said...

Love it! Wish I could come!

Emily said...

That is the coolest thing ever!!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

You just crack me up! Who, but you, would think of that? I Love it, that will be so fun at your party.
Brooke

Kristi said...

AWESOME!! I need to show this to Charles. He loves the Simpsons. We've been having a Halloween party for Han for the past two years and we'd hoped to do it for years to come, but she just wants a slumber party this year. She's planning a horror movie marathon. Charles and I have decided on a grown-up party for that Sat. If you're on Facebook, send me a friend request and then you can check out some of our Halloween decorations. We get way into it. :-)

Kristi said...

Dur... forgot to tell who I am on FB. I've got a badge on my blog so you can get to it from there.

Kate (Little Beach Bum) said...

this is AWESOME! We used to use the "projector method" to decorate the halls of my high school during Spirit Week. I'll be honest, I never met anyone who had an overhead projector at their house, though! Haha! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Janelle Bartlome said...

I want to use it! My kids would want to use it even though I don't allow them to watch the simpsons (and I love it). So did 7 year old get to help?

You are a creative lady.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Hurry and finish so I can see it. You are ambitious.

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

You have some crazy handy stuff in your garage!!! Wish I was your neighbour! haha:) That will be awesome at halloween.

Andrea said...

AHH Mandi you make me laugh! Who doesn't love the Simpson's? I know I do, I guess that is why we are friends. You amaze me with all your energy, keep it up girl!

Anny said...

ROFL I can't wait to see this!