Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Daddy-o Should Have His Own Bloggy-o.

He should, shouldn't he? He's always doing something nifty and fun. And today is no exception.

Lemme back up here (*beep beep beep*- back up noise).

Not long ago, the Mommy-o and the Daddy-o took the plunge and purchased a house up at the lake.

(Note: this is not the house. But it is the lake.)

(Note: this is the view from the house-at-the-lake.)
And I'm pretty much about to wet my pants with excitement to have a place to crash at that's 2 blocks from the lake, and one block from main street and all its food joints.

(Note: this is the view from the lake. Of the lake.)

But I digress.

And while I will have much, much to say about their renovating of said house-at-the-lake, today I want to talk about what's going next to the house-at-the-lake.

Lemme give you a hint. It involves lights. Black & White stripes. It's an ocean-y theme.

Any takers?

CAN YOU IMAGINE YOUR OWN, MINI LIGHTHOUSE BY YOUR HOUSE-AT-THE-LAKE??

I know, right?

And so, the Daddy-o got to work. Made the base,

and, aw, it has a little door! (voice rises in pitch to a squeak)

The main part of this is a salvaged, ginormous pipe:

painted with the heavy-dutiest outdoor weather paint available.

And the top?

A solar light sits up there. It lights the way. . . (queue the cheesy, motivational lighthouse poster saying)

So wanna see it all together?

I'll definitely show ya when it's in it's final resting spot. 'S what I'm here for.

17 comments:

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

I'd like a tour of the workshop while you are at it! What a fun lighthouse!

Emily said...

I saw that the other day when I drove by! I knew it was going to be something awesome!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

A-MAZING! Love love love it! You better keep an eye on the daddy-o of yours, cause I just may come steal him away!

SueAnn said...

Ummm! He is having way too much fun!!! Wonderful lighthouse!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lori said...

Lucky you all... the memories you will make at the lake. The lighthouse will light the way!

COTTAG3 said...

Yes, he should have his own blog which could lead to his own DIY show. I would watch it. It's going to be great having a lake house. My family has one and we've spent some fun times there. We didn't have a super cool mini lighthouse though.

Lisa Scibilia said...

Daddyo definitely needs a bloggyo. He rocks. How awesome he must be to have as a grandfather - making a lighthouse that lights up!! Awesome.
Also I dig your Dead & Breakfast sign behind him!

Rach said...

Ok, wow.

And I freakin LOVE that picture of the canoe!!

Jen said...

That is spectacular!!!! I drove past his house not too long ago and wondered what that was!!! I can't wait to see it at it's final resting place!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Yes, he does! Then he needs to sell the stuff he makes. He's awesome!

Udygirl said...

You're family is seriously amazing!

Layne Bushell said...

To quote you: Pure Awesomesauce Man!

Nicki Rocky said...

Wow! *Lost for words* What a family you are! Can I be adopted please?!

Missy Maker said...

Oh my gosh!!! No wonder you're so talented...definitely your father's daughter. I LOVE IT!

Maureen said...

Mandi,

What talent your father has. Mine was not a visionary but more of a mechanic. Do you think he would build these and sell them on Etsy? Just a thought.
Love the blog. And thanks a lot for introducing me to Plants vs. Zombies because now I'm addicted! (Sheldon: Is that sarcasm? Penny: Nooo. Sheldon: Is that sarcasm? Penny: YES! Sheldon: Is that sarcasm?)

Maureen

WhettenWild said...

Wow, that turned out awesome. Dad rocks. He was just starting it when I left!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Hah that's awesome! One of my neighbors has, well I think it's a lighthouse type thing, in their front yard. It's huge though like you could fit a person or tqo inside standing up. They also have two mannequins (they aren't quite mannequins but I'm not sure what to call them)that sit out in front of it. My theory is they come alive at night and kill anyone who walks down the street, then stuff their body into the lighthouse for safe keeping.