Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pintellicious.

I've said it before, 'n all say it again:

I have a love/hate relationship with cooking.

I don't want to get into the hates at this juncture. I don't want to start getting TOTALLY MAD thinking about my kids crying over dinner,

so, let's talk about what I do love, shall we?

Yes, lets. I love cooking "dishes". I love cooking for OTHER people. I love desserts. Breakfast foods. Appetizers. Snacks. Fancy stuff.

And I'm tellin' you, pinning delicious foodstuffs on Pinterest; it's an addiction.

Let's get into this, shall we? The stuff I've been trying out on Pinterest? This isn't the tip of the iceberg, but we'll start from here.



Pineapple. Green peppers. Cheeseball. I was worried about this combo, but I liked it. "I liked it, a lot"(said like Lloyd Christmas.)


Holy crap balls. This? Banana Coconut Bread with Lime Glaze. Di-vine.
If you like coconut, this one's for you.


If you don't like coconut,

what is wrong with you?

I tease. Coconut hater.


So very simple: Hot Ham 'N Cheese Crescents. I tried. I liked.




4 stars out of 5.


Have you seen this "Easy Cheesy Hot Bean Dip" floating on Pinterest?



It was. . . eh. Probably the only thing I was mildly disappointed in. Just. . . eh.



Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce:



as seen here. Pretty good. Pretty darned good.



Oh, you vixens at "How Does She"-- you've done it again. Here, we have:
"Sweet Potato Souffle".


Made it three times this holiday season. I am now officially sick of it. But I will be craving it next holidays, mark my word.


"Mississippi Sin Dip."
It is sinful, indeed. Really enjoyed this one. 4 1/2 stars out of 5.


I think I can hear myself getting fatter, just looking at this food.

13 comments:

Shirley said...

Seriously? Can't you find some pretty pics of healthy food? For those of us who need to lose the extra poundage?? :)

Layne Bushell said...

Oh Yum! The coconut bread is right up my alley....gonna have to long on to your boards and get that recipe! It all looks yummy.....

Emily said...

Mmmmmm....all these look so good!

C@r!ie said...

The thing I hate the most about cooking is thinking of what to cook......I hate it. Pinterest has seriously saved me from that. I love finding new recipes on there! I spend HOURSSSSSSSSSSSSS on Pinterest but it has sparked my creative side like no other! And I love your blog post reviewing the recipes you tried!! Please post more reviews!!!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Seriously should have known better than to read this post when I'm hungry! Everything looks amazing. I'm off to find myself a snack...

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

Wha?? I didn't know that I wasn't following you on Pinterest to see all this deliciousness. But know I am - phew!

COTTAG3 said...

I can't count how many recipes I made in the past month that I got from Pinterest. My recipe board is the one with the most pins. Yet somehow I missed the ones you've posted....except the one with coconut. Sorry, I'm the biggest coconut hater. Still friends?

Missy Maker said...

YUM...and yes, I've pinned that bean dip. I'm very sad to hear it wasn't spectacular, but I am def excited to try the other ones you shared!!!

SueAnn said...

Now that I am starving...Ha...and I have pinned several of these recipes. I need to go shopping!! Ha!!
Thanks and hugs
SueAnn

RachelK said...

I am a proud coconut hater. And I'm a bit disappointed about the bean dip. I was about to try that!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

WTH?!?! All these look SO FREAKING GOOD.

As far as coconut goes, I only don't like it when it's the flakes and it's sprinkled on Jello, the combination of textures just freaks me out. As a taste though, I love some coconut. My neighbor onetime bad ice cream with avocado and coconut milk. It was a dream.

What's next said...

I love Miss. Sin dip...I've had it for long time before pintrest back in Miss.
But you have to try the "pizza dip" on pintrest. I could eat it everyday. I want to hide it from the guests I made it for. I might or might not have rationed out the left over dip with the exact number of crackers needed to last for 2 more more meals for me... I think I have a problem.

angela said...

This is the funniest blog I think I've ever read. Made a great start to Saturday morning...thanks.