Sunday, November 6, 2011

They're Ready For Their Closeups.

I'm happy to report,

that my photo booth wall is done, baby.

And my crotch of a stairwell?

Looking a lot less crotch-y.

So, do ya wanna know how I did mine?

Crappily.

Oh. Did you wanna know more?

Well, I'll tell you anyways.

Spray adhesive. Plywood. Trim. Super short brad nails.

Yep-- I ordered 8x12's from Costco (about $1, by the by-- I could have gotten them cheaper on the interwebs if I didn't always have ants in my pants and didn't have to have them now! Now! NOW!)

Plywood is again here to save the day--I ripped some scraps to one inch larger than my photos. Man, I love plywood. Yes, I think I will marry it. Remember what I said before: everyone should have plywood laying around for just such emergencies.

Spray adheseeeve and then some thin and purty trim on the sides and between each photo secured by my trusty nailgun and shortest nails possible, and we are ready to rock.

I didn't even 45 my trim. Pretty darn lazy, here.

Allow me to share my secret, crabby-patty formula on how to properly space your photo booth wall as they ascend the stairs:

Finding the trajectory of my chair molding, I measured 8 inches above and drew a parallel line. And then, I divided the width of my wall by the square root of the fluctuations in the metaphasic impulse engine, equalized the inverted warp sensor, and then multiplied all that by 4.

Sorry. I've watched waaaay too much Star Trek lately.

And then, I still got it wrong. Hello? Um, I have 4 kids? And somehow I have 5 lines. Who is this mysterious 5th child?

And then I just screw it all and put them up all wrong.

And I don't care. Because I'm not a perfectionist. I'm sloppy. And I still love this darn wall.

29 comments:

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

I love this! You are so talented!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I think it turned out awesome!!! And it doesn't have to be perfect, it has more character that way :) You did a great job

Renee said...

Love it! ...& I finally bought my sheets of plywood. Just waiting to rip them! :)

SueAnn said...

Well I love it too! Looks great!
Hugs
SueAnn

What's next said...

LOVE it!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

The wall looks fabulous with those high ceilings. And PS you are the only one that will ever see the imperfections! So fun.....love how this came out!

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

great job! I'm all about those crazy face shots, see: http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2011/02/photo-wall-art-portrait-display.html

Lesley said...

Looks like the fourth born is the noisy one!!! LOL

Emily said...

I love this wall. It's such a cute way to display all the pictures of your adorable kids!

Jen said...

I love it! What a fun picture wall!!!

Shirley said...

I love that wall too. But what's a girl to do when she don't have no stinkin' stairs??? And a totally random thought, "why do they all have on hats?" Ha! Made ya giggle!

WhettenWild said...

It turned out even cuter than I imagined! I love it! I wanna do that............I'm not as cool as you though.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Oh Mandi! It looks FANTASTIC! I LOVE it!!! Great job!

calikas said...

I absolutly love it!! so cute. love the black and white photots too

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I asked my husband several weeks ago if we could do this when we have kids because it's so freaking awesome!

His response was, "Whatever."

Rach said...

Your math is hilarious...I was all trying to follow along at first.

Looks awesome! Love your non-perfectionist ways. Makes me feel like maybe I can do it too.

Layne Bushell said...

oooohhhh Mandi. I love this one It looks soooo good! I think you done did a marvelous job! Love your talent. Can't wait to see the next project that's a brewing....

Dede said...

Oh my gosh, it's GORGEOUS.

Lori Harris said...

Love checking out your blog! What color of paint is your stairs tan? When you paint all of your wonderful trim projects and your hallways projects white do you roll the walls white and the trim white with a roller or foam brush? What kind of white paint do you use??

I hope that I am not too blog stalkerish.

Thanks! Your so talented.
LORI HARRIS from Idaho! jbharris1@msn.com

Teri said...

It looks fantastic! :) Love the trim you chose!

Sues said...

LOVE this and your thought processes! You're a wonder! Thanks!!!!

Chrissy said...

LOve it. Its looks so great!

Sam said...

HI! I just found your cute blog. I pinned your idea for this amazing wall. If that's not okay, let me know. Thanks!

Donna said...

This is a great project and I just happen to have a lot of plywood laying around...you know, just in case something comes up!

Unknown said...

I just love this and want to do it. What is between each photo? It looks black
Erin
erinandvictor@yahoo.com

Tonylyn White said...

You are soo darn funny! And you also did really cute project. Thank you for sharing.

Tonylyn White said...

You are soo darn funny! And you also did really cute project. Thank you for sharing.

The Activity Mom said...

Love it! I'm going to do this on our stairs. What did you cover the pictures with? Looks like there is plastic or glass or something over them.

Lazy Susan said...

I'd like to know what this wall color is also!