Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Been A Hard Day's Night.

Um, if you were planning on visiting me anytime soon, I might have to advise against it.

See- I've got good news and bad news.

The bad news is that "Diarrhomit" continues. And I've about had it up to here.
(NOT PICTURED. EVER. EVER EVER EVER. BUT IT'S BURNED IN MY BRAIN.)
There are no words to describe this catastrophe of body juices. Wait. Let me attempt such a description:

Imagine, if you will, your child vomiting all over the floor, splashing the baseboards, and as you assess the damage, you can hear that child simultaneously fill his drawers. And then he takes one wrong step and slips in said spew.

Been there? Done that? Double pound to the chest then, parents.

As I wander my house with a steamer and lemon-scented disinfectant (I'll never feel the same way about lemon again), let's just move on to the good news.

The good news? My house is all kinds of tore up.

Yes, I said good news.
Family room has looked like so since Monday.

Can't even open my front door due to furniture shuffling.

Operation "Hardwood" has commenced.

I've got blisters, a super sore arm, I've clubbed my ankle and a kneecap with the mallet (but not my head yet so there), I've ate, slept, dreamed, and breathed hardwood installation,

and I couldn't be happier. It is so purty. It's my dweam come true.

I expect to finish up today. Wanna know how much we have left?

30 inches. Yes. 3.0.

When it's 11:00 at night, knees ache, arms are on fire, and the hubs is literally soaked in sweat from swinging a mallet(I could ring out his shirt. I josh not.), it's time to give it a rest, I'd say.

Told the hubs we could just put the couch back and no one would know we didn't finish.

He didn't think I was very funny.

21 comments:

Bon-Bon said...

My day is happy and complete when I check my blog roll and yours is on top. You rock, Mandy. Shellie and I discuss you/your adventures all.the.time.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

This looks so great Mandi! I'm so proud of you! See, super easy installing hardwoods! And by super easy, I mean just hours and hours of back-breaking work.

Emily said...

It looks beautiful! I'm so excited for you!!

Leca Unplugged said...

OOOooooh are you going to take it up the stairs? I hope you do! That would solve all of your problems forever! Good luck. I hope the barfy poos pass your house quickly.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Okay A/my condolences on the is state of health in your house (poor kiddos!) and B/you are totally going to make me smash up my foyer tile and lay hardwood. I mean how can I live with it after seeing your beautiful floor?

C/how on earth have you managed to do all this with sick kids? I marvel at you Wonderwoman!!

Michelle said...

You rock! You make me think that I can lay hardwood too, but since I'm scared of power tools, I'll live through you.

Udygirl said...

That looks awesome!! I really need to come visit you.

Dede said...

Kay, first of all, I have no clue how you are able to do so many awesome projects...you rock. Secondly, how the heck you do them with sick kiddos is beyond me. YOU DOUBLE ROCK!

On a side note, I hope they get feeling better and that there's no more need for lemon scented cleaner. Poor kids!

Laura @ Laura's Crafty Life said...

Those floors are beautiful! I say just cover the undone part with the couch! :)

Rhiannon said...

It looks gorgeous! Very jealous! :) You're both amazingly talented, you could totally start your own show.

Staci said...

I literally laughed out loud at your description of the poor kiddos. "said child simultaneously fills drawers". Poor kid, but OMG can so picture it.

I'm the worst mother when my kids are sick. I avoid them at all costs and hole them up in their bedrooms and all but spray Lysol directly IN their mouth to kill the germs.

Floor looks amazing, but really, should be have expected anything less from you? :)

WhettenWild said...

You are so awesome! Take that mean lady at the hardwood store!

Layne Bushell said...

Hubs may have not your were funny, but I did. I'm still laughing! Can't wait to see it for reals! You're amazing my friend, Amazing.

Layne Bushell said...

oops...typos everywhere.... may not have thought...is what I was trying to say.

Jen said...

OMAGOSH! It's so beautiful!!!!! I yike dat!!!

I remember vividly the days of sick kids that spewed everywhere but the toilet or puke bucket, simultaneously filling their drawers. I'm so sorry. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

P.S. Your J man was so cute on the field trip yesterday. He thought the magic trick that the orthodontist did was pretty cool!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Dang girl! You finished that super quick! You rock!!

Crafty Cousins said...

Love it! I love reading your blog. Your way with words makes me laugh out loud!

Nat
crafting-cousins.blogspot.com

P.S. I'm dealing with my kids' bodily juices todat. Bleh.

Libby said...

I like the shot of the saw up and available to the kids but they're watching the boob tube. I bet they wonder why other homes don't have power tools lying around.

Don't envy the bodily fluid explosions....I'm still trying to suppress those memories! Hope he is drinking lots, dehydration is dangerous and definitely not fun (personal experience).

The floor looks gorgeous! Good work (I lived in a place that didn't finish the hardwood when they took out the fake fireplace and laid carpet...so it can be done)

Trina said...

Oooh! The floor is so beautiful! Sorry about the lemon scent - it's been many years now that Lysol is just an insta-reminder (for me) of the smell of poo. Fingers crossed that it all goes away SOON.

Also, you should send pictures of the floor to the hardware store lady.

jasi said...

niiice! we had a bout of vomit comet in this house too. definitely considering hardwood in the near future.

Teri said...

Sorry to hear everyone was so sick! :(