Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Don't Be A Playa Hater.

I've had my Thanksgiving tablescape planned out in my noggin since August. Don't laugh.

Have I mentioned I have a small obsession with fabulous table settings?


Well, I'm mentioning it now.

Source: google.com via Mandi on Pinterest



Might, might have something to do with eating off a card table for years and years.

Oh. Haven't heard that waaaa story? Well there's no time now.

Source: google.com via Mandi on Pinterest




Suffice it to say that the first 10 years of my married life consisted of ridiculous eating situations.

So I like to think of this pre-preeee-planned Thanksgiving tablescape as years of built up desire. Er something. Think:

White. & Gold.

Now, don't be a playa hater-- I know gold is totally, like, out. But I don't give a doodoo--

I thought/think white dishes with gold touches is the shizam.

Gold "Silver" ware, baby. What what?

I would like you to know that not many years ago I thought this "goldware" was tacky, and now I think it's da bomb. Oh, how the tables have turned.

This delicious set even has a salt and pepper shaker for each table setting. Hello? Totally ridiculously superfluous with a side of awesomesauce.

Got some fresh flowers and popped 'em in the vintage milk jugs my bestie Gina gave me. Thanks, Gina.

Totally copied the burlap/sharpie place mats pinterest idea:

Note to self: iron tablecloths.

I may or may not have squealed and golf clapped as I tried out my tablescape this morning.

That's the "adult" table. How come we can't say "adult" anymore without feeling like big pervs?

Anywho, the kids can't be left out. I've planned for them as well.

Made them little placemats eons ago.

And they can make their own little hat if they so choose.

(Ron John helped me decorate with clementines-- I thought they matched and let him carry on.)

The kids' "tablecloth" is paper, so they can just color away.

Annnnddd. . . I might regret that.

Off to cook massive quantities of various deliciousness. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

16 comments:

Leca said...

I love that you are so thoughtful to all of your guests. Way to think it out man. You are awesome!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

LOVE it! Can I come sit and color at the kids table? I'm totally digging the gold, but last year, I would have thrown up in my mouth a little at the thought of gold.

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

Gold is sooo not out, it's only out to the people who are out themselves. ;) I love every little touch and agree with Leca, very thoughtful. Have a happy Thanksgiving - I'm thankful that blogging has let me meet you!

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

lol Heidi

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

alright, I'm coming to yours - - looks way better than the paper plates I just stocked up for my shingdig....

cehendricks said...

I don't love yellow gold, but there is something about that gold table setting that fits perfectly for fall/Thanksgiving. Hope you and your guests have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

Shirley said...

I'm so inviting myself to your house next year! I adore that tablescape, and now I want one!!! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

COTTAG3 said...

Took me a minute to realize that was your table and not a photo from somewhere else. It looks awesome! My aunt used to have that gold flatware and I always thought it was so cool. It's gold, not brass so it's okay.
Glad those milk bottles came in handy. Flowers look great in them. Enjoy the good times. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

seriously...is there room for one more? we eat at a gym with paper plates and old school lunch tables. i have flash backs of wedgies.

JoDana said...

GORGEOUS! Goldilicious, and superb... some of the many words that came to mind as I tried not to drool on my keyboard. And I'm with ya with the gold, a year ago I would have thought that goldware tacky, now I coveteth my blogging neighbour's goldware. Happy thanksgiving!

UBee said...

Gorgeous Mandi! Is there anything you don't do? Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Rach said...

I would not have chosen it, however you make it look so good!

How on earth did you make those cute placemats for the kids?

The burlap ones are also drool worthy....

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Word on the street is gold is so out it's back in! Your tablescapes look magnificent! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family, Mandi!!

Emily said...

I love it! I want to come eat at your house!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

That's funny you mention gold place settings because that is what I just mentioned in my last post! I think gold can look really lovely in home decor, so I'm not hating. :) Great job!

Teri said...

Beautiful! Where on earth did you get that cool "goldware"?