Saturday, November 26, 2011

Queue The Cheesy Music.

I love me some Thanksgiving weekend. The food, the fam, the beginnings of a wonderful holiday season . . .

Sigh.

Allow me to catch you up on this weekend's goings-ons, would you?

Picture and title style? I'm not a long-winded gal. Unless you're on the phone with me (consider yourself warned).

I like to call this one:

"Could, like, someone go back in time to remind me I left the green bean casserole in the oven?"

and this one,

"I Pocahontas, paint with all the colors of the wind."


and this:
"The one of the kids table."

That's all I got.

and:
"Ha ha that's funny now get those off your feet before your ruin 'em."


and:
"Hello, my name is Jace, and I am dead meat. I left the toilet to overflow, closed the door and walked away while it poured out peepee and doodoo water for over 30 minutes, and"


"and then I laughed when my parents figured it out when water started seeping through the ceiling and ON TOP OF THEIR COMPUTERS. And then I realized it wasn't funny when we used every towel in our house, my daddy broke the insides of the toilet in a frantic effort to stop the water, and my mommy cried while she sucked water out of the light sockets and sopped up puddles off her printer. The end."


and this one:

"The fun decorating that occurred, prior to the potty water incident."


and:
"You know, honey, I don't think we need lights on the hou-- never mind, just get down. I'm suffering a minor coronary with you strutting around on the roof right now."


and this one:
"Alright fine. . . it did turn out pretty darn good. . . "


and finally,

"It takes a village. A village to properly man-handle my children for a picture attempt."


and:
"No. Really."

Man-- I felt like you were right there with me.

18 comments:

Trina said...

I am SOOO sorry about the toilet incident! That happened at my house when I was in high school, and I still think I was framed for it. Please tell me it didn't damage your beautiful new floor? Or do anything permanent to the computers?

Also, those pictures of your kids are PRICELESS.

Trina said...

And that's the cutest little Indian girl I've ever seen.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

I was thinking you were gonna say the floors! Thanks goodness not the floors. We did the overflowed toilet thing here this week too, fun stuff!

Suesan said...

I hope you have your insurance agent on speed dial. Kids do the darndest things. We had to snake a washcloth and kids toy out of the toilet once. It nearly made it's way to China before it got stuck. Fun times. Good thing your kids are so cute. It probably has saved their life a time a two. I know it has for my kids. :D

p.s. I'm not afraid of heights, but get one of my people up high and I become all sorts of unglued. My family makes me close my eyes or walk away. Ugh!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh are you kidding me????

I am so feeling your pain with the toilet incident!! It's no mistake that God made them so darn cute!

Hope you enjoyed this weekend despite the potty water incident. That's a story that'll be told a thousand times over the years!

Bon-Bon said...

When I was a kid (roaming with the dinosaurs) I remember a time my mama cried. As she was carrying a bowl of hot Campbell's tomato soup, she smacked her head on the corner of a cabinet door someone had left open and promptly flung the bowl all over the kitchen. I mean ALL OVER. Yeah, not too pretty. If and when I ever travel to Utah again, I def. want to meet your kids. :-)

Jo (@ boogaloo) said...

My life feels so dull after reading that!!! I sure hope your gorgeous new double desk wasn't harmed in any way......

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

ah, the fun of making memories....

Emily said...

I llove thanksgiving and I am thankful to have a friend like you that makes me laugh all the time and always amazes me with her picture taking skills!! You ROCK!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Oh man! Glad y'all had some fun before you had to take care of the poop water! Glad it was a good Thanksgiving!

Libby said...

I think those things happen on special days to keep us balanced or to give us opportunities to increase our patience skills.

I took photos of all the 3-11yr.old children at church today and can certainly relate to your photo session! I had a lot who either looked like they were on death row or were constipated! I did let one class (all boys-go figure) have a silly photo done.

Cuteness=why we don't eat our young :o)

WhettenWild said...

Dude......the overflowing toilet...BAD news. Hope no permanent damage. Are you sure it wasn't the piano tuner guy from NC that overflowed the toilet???? McKenna's expression in the second to the last picture cracks me up!

Shirley said...

Just speechless. I know I couldn't have handled it as well as you, and then had the composure to blog about it! I'd have still been crying all over the place! And my kid would've been permanently locked in his closet....;0 At least you got green bean casserole. No one but me likes it, so it was skipped this year. :(

Leca said...

Been there, done that. Pee pee water is not fun to clean up. We had to rip out lots of stuff and replace many many things. Ours was sewage back wash and insurance covered it. That was a very dark holiday season for me.

Good luck! Oh and.... eeeeewww.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Oh, yuck!
Someday, you'll laugh about it.

Crafty Cousins said...

Oh man! Sorry about the toilet water fiasco. Thanks for the laugh, though.

We actually had one of those a few weeks ago. We were actually going to be to church on time, until one of my kids flushed his brother's shoe down the toilet.

~Nat

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

That toilet story is completely insanse. And I thought the time I accidently unplugged the fridge and caused all the ice to melt and flood the new wood floor was bad. See, this is why I'm not ready to have kids, if this happened to me, I would beat them.

Teri said...

Oh, man...that toilet incident must have SUCKED! Sounds like you had an awesome Thanksgiving, all in all, though. :)