Monday, October 10, 2011

How To Deal.

Whadaya do when you've got a Halloween-y party and a potentially awesome costume, but your Marge Simpson wig makes you feel like a bobble-head doll and the hubs tells you you look more like Thing 1?

And then you can't find anything cool/don't have any time left to find anything cool?

You improvise.

And you do the awesome DIY-er that's been floating around bloggy-land.

Yes,
I'm talking about the paper doll.

1 hour of work and free, baby. That's what I'm talkin' about.

I can rock a ginormous hairbow like it's nobody's business. I can, really! Wanna see my elementary school pictures?

Anywho,

while we're on the topic of this fam dam's fave holiday,

I would like you to know that I think corn stalks are totally awesome decorative pieces.

And. . . they've made a disaster of my porch. And my entryway. And the car I used to get them here.

Just so ya know.

This here's my prized garden pumpkin. Was I 'sposed to set it up on its bottom?

'Cause it is totally flat on the back. Hence it's being propped up.

And finally,

I am big, BIG on the mantel change up. From September to December, only. After that I'm so tired of switching things up that it stays that way until the next September.

So do ya wanna see my spooky mantel? Do ya? DO YA?

Some spooky candles of course,

and then the thing I thought I was sooo coool to order online:

you know, the spooky pictures? Turn one way, they're innocent little boys, and the other way and they're Snarky The Clown, ready to climb out of their frame and saw puppies in half??

Reminds me of the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland. The pictures, not sawing puppies.

They're so unique. Until I noticed anyone can buy them at Walmart.


And here we are:
(I don't adjust my banner for you, or anybody!)

To be honest, the pictures are pretty much keeping my kids up nights.

Monster Mash Bash

13 comments:

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I love your mantle! The creepy pictures are awesome! I don't blame your kids for being totally creeped out.

I'd love for you to link this up to my Monster Mash Bash! http://afishwholikesflowers.blogspot.com/2011/10/lets-do-monster-mash.html

Hope to see you there!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

It's always fun in Mandi Land. I like both costumes and your mantel. I was thinking of doing a spooky mantel but haven't yet. We'll see what happens this week.

Janelle said...

You always succeed in making me laugh. I do love all the decor.

I know what you mean about the mantle. I put up the spring things in April.... and they are still up. I should do something about that. Really I should.

Tiffany said...

Dude. Those pictures would keep me up at night too. I'm calling CPS. (p.s. I just have to tell you this. I follow several crafty-ish blogs and yours is the only one I read consistently. Because you are hilarious. And because you call your kids buttmunches. And you make pretty things that require testosterone. That is all.)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That picture would seriously keep ME up at night! Freaky. Loving the paper doll outfit - you totally rock it!

calikas said...

its great!

Halloween is supposed to be scarrrry

WhettenWild said...

YEah, the pictures freak me out too......but they look great on the mantel!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Lol those pictures are amazing. I can't wait to have kids and do that kind of stuff with/to them. I wish I didn't grow up with my parent's telling me Halloween was Satan's holiday and never letting me go trick or treating, think of all the candy I missed out on...

Love the wig and LOVE your paper doll outfit. So adorable.

Emily said...

Those pictures are so freaking cool! Totally remind me of the haunted mansion!

I love your love of halloween! Ü

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I wanted to let you know that I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger award! Because I think you're awesome. Check out my post to accept your award. http://afishwholikesflowers.blogspot.com/2011/10/apparently-im-versatile-blogger.html

Lesley said...

I mentioned your blog and put a back link to your shutter project today on my blog. Just wanted to let you know.

http://thehomelessfinch.blogspot.com/2011/10/gotta-get-shutters-upmaster-bath-redo.html

Leca Unplugged said...

Your costume is sweet awesome cool! I love it! Marge isn't too shabby herself. Either way-- you are going to rock this Halloween!

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

Love your paper doll look. So cute!

Warmly, Michelle