Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Down A Dark Hall.

So. . .

I've been cookin' up a little sumfin' sumfin' this weekend.

And when I say "cook", I mean cut, nail, pant, and so forth. Naturally. Duh.

Let's chat about my most BOR-ING space in the whole house:

namely, the hallway.

I wanted, nay, I deserved something more. I wanted action. I wanted excitement. I wanted drama.

Drama. Just like that last sentence. And my personality. Apparently. Ask the hubs.

So once upon a time,

I actually did something with this space.

I think I was going to eventually surround the entire space with this molding. I think. It's been so long I really can't be sure.

So what was on my agenda, besides wall to wall molding?

Okay. . . whew. Excitement rising. I'm not going to make a bathroom trip here. I'm going to stay calm. Serenity now.

I wanted an old hotel look. Seriously. Kind of like "The Shining" hotel. But without blood. And really freaky twins standing in the hallway.

Okay forget "The Shining". A really cool, old hotel.

So?

Boring doors.


Turned to fabulous doors.




Allllll of them. Fabulous. And whoever jammed the bathroom pocket door is in deep doo-doo, boys.

Molding. Yes, molding. Oh, I already said that.


And a wall of mirrors.

Totally, TOTALLY different space up here. SQUEAL.

Lame-o.
"Diddlee-doo, diddlee-doo, diddlee-doo. . . "
(that's the Wayne & Garth flashback sound)

Better.

Blah.
"Diddlee-doo, diddlee-doo, diddlee-doo. . . "

Better.

One of my most funnestestest projects. Ever.


29 comments:

Christina said...

I.LOVE.IT!!

Whimsy-ma-blog said...

LOVE the doors. Please move out of your house soon so that I can buy it. Oh, but I have no money, so sell it cheap. Thank you.

Jenni said...

This is amazing! You totally got that historic hotel look going on. And I love it!

Anna said...

As the owner of a boring hallway, too... I LOVE it! :)

I am putting up lots of board and batten as I type, well, I'm sitting here and the putty is drying.

I love the extra pop around the doors! Great job.

WhettenWild said...

That turned out great! It looks so pretty!

Shirley said...

Oh, I am so in love with the molding above the doors. I like it all, but that is eye catching. You're right, very old hotel looking. Great job girl!

Emily said...

Seriously! You are my hero! That looks so amazing!!!

Suesan said...

Awesome to the sauce! That looks amazing. We put a chunky header on our new door and I love it. I like the numbers up there. Amazing as always.

Dharma said...

Shut! The! F! Doors!

Can I adopt you? Is that legal somewhere?

Coolio sista.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh I'm in love with a hallway.
That molding on top of your doors is TDF!!!
Very dramatic in a non-Shining kinda way!!
I want to be you!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! As always, you rock!

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

everyone has a boring hallway - I thought we just had to live with it - - now, off to number the doors....

What's next said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.

What's next said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.

Lori said...

Great idea above the doors. Love the shot of the kids in walking/running in the hall. What are you going to do once the whole house has been remodeled?

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I am liking your drama! I agree with Lori, what are you going to do when your house has been remodeled? I know I know! Come to Texas with your saw. That made me think of the Texas Chainsaw Masacre show. Don't come to Texas and do that! Come and give me drama and molding.

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

I never ever would have thought of doing that and it's epic!! Love!!

Lesley said...

Wow! Seriously amazing transformation. Post this everywhere!! People will really love it. Now....go eat some soup. But not for dinner because soup is not a meal.;)

calikas said...

ohhhh drama!

love it.

Kelly Biggs at My Dear Trash said...

No teenage boy will be commenting on the carpet when they go upstairs now- they'll be too wowed to even look down! Such an amazing job!

Michelle Johnnie said...

I want drama hallways like that!!!! Did you just rip 1/4 wood for the walls like you did in your bedroom? Next time I do "board and batten" or anything like unto it, I'm using that method to save moo-lah!!!!!

Mrsfatface said...

WOW! That looks great.

Jill said...

Fan-Tastic! Now come and do my house, will ya!?!

Christy said...

I always have some serious envy when I see your awesome projects! Do you make house calls? I would totally hire you! (I live in St. Louis though)

Stephanie said...

Gaw-geous! I have a boring hallway with new colonial baseboard that I think needs some jazzing up. ;)

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Love it! The door frames totally rock.

Teri said...

The Wayne-and-Garth-Flashback-Sound has so very many uses, doesn't it? Use it all the time.

Unknown said...

Absolutely love!!! Do you mind me asking the measurements for each section! Would love to duplicate this in my little ones nursery!

Pam Jackson said...

Amazing looking. The walls are great and I love what you did with the doors....and the numbers. Great job.