Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In Ze Boudoir.

Do you remember my boudoir mirror?

That I picked up for waaay cheap and gave it a craptacular makeover?

Well,

Me no likey. And yeah, that's what you get when you slap some molding on there and call it good.

Every morning, I'm waking up, stretching until my ankles crack, rolling over and. . . there it is.

Oh wait, let me show you.

(wipes slobber from face, rubs eyes.)

"That mirror is ug-lay."

Serious. Every. Morning. Man, my feet are cute.

Now hold on, now! My mirror is like a family. You know-- I can smack talk all I want about my own family, but if you talk bad about my family? That's a NO-NO.

Same goes for my mirror. I can say it's a piece of shiz but you can't.

(thanks for holding back.)

So, I yanked the piece of trim off the top and got back to work.

I will have you know that I am utterly shocked by my behavior-- "sloppy" is my middle name, and I never, ever replace/fix/alter work when it's done. Well, usually.

So,

headed out to my gay-rage and turned to my scraps that are coming out of my butt to fix this problem.

Do you know brick molding?

Kind of obsessed with it right now. It's showing up all over the house these days.

A piece a that with a piece of 1x8 and now we're getting somewhere.

And ya know? This needs one of those fancy overpriced doo-dads, too.

And. . . better.

Wait! Let's try this out!

Yep. Much better.

Said to the hubs, "Isn't it sooooo much better?!?"

"Oh. Um, is it different?"

Oh, shut up.

13 comments:

COTTAG3 said...

I liked it before and couldn't figure out why you didn't. Oh, now I see and yep, it's waaay better. That looks great! It would be really cute hanging on the wall. You've made yourself a french trumeau mirror. I'm jealous.

The Creative Chickadee said...

I love it.

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

I love the idea of a mirror revamp! (obvioulsy: http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2011/09/chunky-mirror.html)

I wish mine had the stand that yours does..... looks great

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

so um...do you sleep with you camera right next to you? or probably under your pillow...
or you probably make husband sleep in the window seat and it sleeps right next to you on the bed..I'm right aren't i? poor mr. mandi.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

ha! the hubs never notice! I love that new big chunky molding on top!

Emily said...

I liked it before you changed it, but I love it now!

Evelyn S. said...

Well, I liked the 'original'...but this is a beauty! And you are just too funny! (I came because a friend posted a link on Facebook.)

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I like it! Of course, I liked it before too :) But you shouldn't take my decorating opinion very seriously. . . I'm decorating impaired. Like, to the max.

Jodie said...

Thank goodness my husband never throws anything out. There's a mirror similar to this in the garage. "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." Sure honey, ok, whatever. Leftovers from my daughter's dorm room.

Rebecca D said...

It is much better... I didn't hate it before, but it does seem more balanced somehow... Which is weird, since it is not less balanced... Oh whatever, you know what I mean... (i hope)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

This looks so great. I really need to get over my fear of trim, it is so irrational.

jasi said...

i actually love that mirror. i don't love where it's placed. maybe in a corner or hung on a wall? it sticks out. but then again, i'm just a freak about my chi. nice job on the remodel.

Teri said...

I liked it before, Mandi, but I love it now! :)