Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You Wear Too Much Eye Makeup.

"My sister wears too much makeup. People think she's a whore." (Name that movie!!)


Any questions on why I might want to move my makeup to a higher, safer location? Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

So I've been plugging away on my vanity table. And I highly recommend this project-- it is bundles of fun. No sarcasm. Pure merry gaiety, folks.

Perhaps you remember my photos of inspiration:


and:

Don't I need, nay, deserve, fresh flowers at my table, daily? DON'T I??

Hehehe. No, I don't. BUT, I would love some fakies in a pitcher like the above picture.

And behold my new pict-her I picked out!:

Don't you love my new pict-her?

I am très excited.


But on to more important things. Perhaps you remember my little cord sitch-eeation, along with my playstation sitting on the floor, as seen here:



Yee-ah. Not so pretty.

I don't do electrical. But the hubby does.

Some wall mount shelving, along with a new outlet, right next to all my crap?

Cleaned the joint right up. Many thanks to the hubs. He's got skills.

Now, when I found my lovely pict-her, I also found a full length mirror for super cheap.

And every girl needs a a full-length mirror, right?

So that you can take a look at yourself and feel depressed. And realize you've gained a bit of weight in thee ole tummy area. And a bit in the thighs. And the arms. And chin. And hips. And derrière. And ankles. But that's all.

It couldn't have been all those batches of cookies. Or the donuts. Or the pizza. Or the late night snacking. It's that evil mirror.

But I digress.

This mirror, it's just. . . okay. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Yes, it does need molding.

And here we are, after some choice molding, the nail gun, and a little bit of coffee bean glaze.
Shizam:

Do I LOVE IT??

Eh. Not really, no. But it's an improvement, and since I took a week of hemming and hawing over bigger, more grandiose plans which probably would have never been gotten to, I'll take this 10 minute finished project, and I'll like it, dang it.

25 comments:

Maggie @ Midwestern {Sewing} Girl said...

Ummm...Breakfast Club? Love the mirror...;)

WhettenWild said...

I need one of those mirrors! Except can I get a super flattering one????

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

OK so speaking of electrical my hubbs is an electrician and I'm still willing to trade skill sets wink wink lol.

Jessie said...

I'm loving it, Mandi! So where did you get the cheap mirror...I need one of those! I actually think full-length mirrors make you look skinnier because of the angle, no?

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Oh, hush. . . You look gorgeous.

Two Dollars said...

One of my husband's prior bosses said having kids is like high tide coming in because you have to keep moving stuff higher and higher and... :)
-Stefanie
2ndChanceCreations.etsy.com

gina3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gina3 said...

Oh, so many comments I need to make. 1. When I saw the picture of the makeup disaster in my sidebar I started laughing even before clicking on it. The black eyeliner does bring out her blue, blue eye. 2. yes, I was thinking it does need moulding. 3. your hubs can do electrical? man, you guys together are a force to be reckoned with 4. You'll need to draw arrows to show us where you've put on weight. I didn't see it...at....all.
5. Your picther is cute!!!

Emily said...

Oh.My.Gosh. That picture of McKenna is so cute!

I love your mirror. I love that you can look at that in the store and see the potential! I would just see the original mirror.

Layne Bushell said...

awesome! I've been on my own for 22 years and still don't have a full length mirror...it's on my list! Looks great!

slommler said...

Mirror is looking good and your room is coming along nicely!
Now where is the flowers?
Hugs
SueAnn

UBee said...

Maybe not your fave, but it is a HUGE improvement!! ...the mirror, I mean, not the little one. That was actually scary, it gave my stomach a jolt thinking about her poking her eye. eek! It did really make her eye look blue-er though, didn't it? lol! I guess that's why we wear the stuff.

And pict-her made my day!!! Maybe they need an editor?

Terry said...

First, I wish I was as SKINNY as you, second, I love the mirror transformation.

Jen V. said...

A 10 minute finished project is an amazing project in my book! Plus, your mascara drama just made my night...I scared the cat laughing out loud!
Jen

Teri said...

What a change! The PlayStation Station is pretty wicked!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Great idea framing the mrrior out with moulding! and your vanity inspiration pictures are stunning. I have a buffet table and a crappy ikea chair that make up mine :0)

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Well, at least your elbows and wrists haven't put on any weight. :) I am in need of a full length mirror. The Dear and I have been saying we need one for the almost six years that we've been married. Someday, when I can find one for cheap that isn't cheaply made, like the ones at Wal-Mart, I'll buy one. Someday. Oh, and good work to your Hubs for his electrical work. How did he do that without making a mess? :) When my Dear does anything it always makes a mess, and I always have to clean it up. Which I sometimes do.

Anny said...

Yay hubby! The cord sitch is handled ;)

I love your mirror, I couldn't find a full length one that I liked in my budget so I bought a wall mountable one with some clips today.

That was an hour's worth of sweat I won't get back!

April and Jared Fenn said...

i love the mirror. oh and your cute little body had NOT changed in 15 years. NOT fair.

Lisa said...

What the heck happened over here? It's like extreme makeover blog edition!! Loving the new look Mandi! And so glad you kept those pics in your header.....the best header in all of blog land!!
Okay seriously you blinged out your mirror? You are my idol. And your little girl is just too cute with the makeup and the binky!! Your pics are going to make awesome slideshows when those kids are graduating from high school or getting married!!

S. Anderson said...

Just so you know, there are lots of us out there that would kill to look like you, or ever have looked like you! Very cute stuff!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

That picther is off the chain.

I would fill them with lovely flowers, but fake ones, because real ones die too quickly.

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

HOLY CRAP! Your BLOG! It looks... DIFFERENT! Although I did love it before, I love it now.

And I saw that picture and thought wow, you look amazing. So skinny. And after hot temps and a son who thinks my hair is a handle, I've been so tempted to chop. Your hair in that pic single handedly makes me reconsider.

Oh yeah and umm, the mirror looks nice too. ;)

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

HOLY CRAP! Your BLOG! It looks... DIFFERENT! Although I did love it before, I love it now.

And I saw that picture and thought wow, you look amazing. So skinny. And after hot temps and a son who thinks my hair is a handle, I've been so tempted to chop. Your hair in that pic single handedly makes me reconsider.

Oh yeah and umm, the mirror looks nice too. ;)

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

HOLY CRAP! Your BLOG! It looks... DIFFERENT! Although I did love it before, I love it now.

And I saw that picture and thought wow, you look amazing. So skinny. And after hot temps and a son who thinks my hair is a handle, I've been so tempted to chop. Your hair in that pic single handedly makes me reconsider.

Oh yeah and umm, the mirror looks nice too. ;)