Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How To Speak 'Mandi': A Guide.

So you might have noticed by now that I kinda like movie quotes.

Even my birthday cake was adorned with movie quotes, for crying out loud.

Perhaps you've also noticed that I use the word "dude" a lot.

Aw heck, maybe I'm just a tad confusing. Let's just clear up a few things, shall we?

Yes, this is our first (and only) installment of:

"How To Speak 'Mandi': A Guide."

Let us begin.

First off, this might be self-explanatory, but,

my power tools have been named. Above, we see "Jaws", and "Severus", respectively. I hope that clears some things up.

Butt munches. Fart knockers. Punksuckers. Homies. No, I'm not calling you names-- it's my chosen terms for my 2 or more of my children.

Don't worry- they're very loved. 'S okay. I make up for it in other ways.

I would also like to take this opportunity to let you know that I despise the word "panties". Please refrain from using that word in my presence.

Thankyouverymuch.

Oh. . . and the movie quotes. . .

please don't think I watch movies all day. Seriously- (oh by the way, I say "serious" a lot, too) I hardly can find time to watch about anything. But,

big BUT,

I have my favorites, and I've got them memorized.

Perhaps you love these same movies as much as I do, and you're right there with me.

"Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes."

"How would you like a little trim on that mustache, Ron?"


Yeah, I've been known to yell: "Irv, we were never in aisle 7, I'm tellin' ya, honest!" at the store.


And this one:

how can you not quote Harry & Lloyd?

"Well pardon me, Mr. Perfect! I guess you never ever make a mistake!"

And behold one of the best movies of all time!

Perhaps you're tired of me saying "twoo wuv" all the time. My apologies, but "The Princess Bride" is freaking awesome.

And I've just sucked 5 years of your life away.

Oh, and "The Wedding Singer"?

I frequently steal quotes from this 'un, too.

"Holiday. . . celebrate. . . I live in my sister's basement. . ."

And yes, there's a lot of this thrown in there, too.

"Ralph? She's your friend. She."

Yes, "So I Married An Axe Murderer" definitely makes this list.

I know, I know-- there's so many more movies I quote. But this is a good movie rental start, now isn't it? Hope I've cleared up a bit of confusion there for ya. Or at least given you a movie suggestion.

17 comments:

Marlana said...

The Princess Bride is my all time favorite! (I always knew you were a Princess Bride fan whenever you say "let me 'splain... no there's too mcuh.."). Yes, I have the ENTIRE movie memorized!

At our wedding, the priest actually started his homily with the "Mawwiage ..." and did the whole shpeel. It was awesome. :)

Love your blog! Been a follower for a few months now... I just like to stalk and never comment! haha!

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

Two minds with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.

I would like the whole tremayne's approved list of movies please....

SueAnn said...

Thanks for the list! Most are on my favorites as well.
You forgot a couple
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Summer Rental. Just putting the titles here made me laugh!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Holly said...

"We got no food, we got no jobs, our pet's heads are falling off!"

catie said...

"HEAD! MOVE!!"

Rebecca D said...

"So I Married An Axe Murderer" is my all time favorite movie...

Our goto line when one of this girlies is blocking something... I won't type his whole riff... But as soon as you start reading it, it will be in your head all day...

"'ead...down in front...'es gonna cry 'imself to sleep in 'is giant pilla'"

Suesan said...

Harriet. Sweet Harriet. Hard-hearted harbinger of Haggis!Great movie.

So, true story. In one of our wards a man gets up to sing, and I could have sworn to you he was channeling the priest from Princess Bride. He totally sounded like him, except for, you know, he was SINGING! My husband and I were squeezing each others legs because we were trying so hard not to laugh. It was like a bad SNL sketch. He even looks like him a bit and he talks with a lisp in real life. I felt bad for laughing because he truly was sincere. It just really struck my funny bone is all.

Okay, I think I'm sounding like a jerk now. :D But, come on! You'd have been dying too.

Aunna said...

I totally want to do some wall art with "We'll never survuve!" "You're only saying that because no one ever has."
And I sorta have a crush on Westley. I almost named one of my kids afteer him.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Mandi, does this mean you are an early August birthday? Because all of my BFF's from college (4 of them) have early August birthdays.

You need to start a wall of Mandi-isms for sure.

dena4kids said...

LOL! Oh that's what you meant...our conversations make so much more sense now! heehee just kidding!;)

Am I a dork if I say one of my fav movie lines is, "If there is a severed head in there I will be greatly disappointed."

"Wayne's World, Wayne's World, Party time, Excellent!" OK now I am a dork.

Emily said...

Those are all awesome movies!! I love that you do movie quotes!

calikas said...

Love! you language is part of what makes your blog (and you) so quirky and fun!

gina3 said...

My husband and my son make random movie quotes all the time so I'm used to it; maybe that's why I like your blog, I understand it...except for the first time I saw "gay-rage". I just saw them as two separate words and couldn't put it together for a few minutes. Sometimes I'm slow like that. I got it now.

Lisa said...

"If it's not Scottish it's crap!!!!"
-my husband's favorite movie line from So I Married An Axe Murderer. And to think some poor things in this world don't even KNOW that movie.
I totally get you, too, girl!

Teri said...

You never cease to crack me up! And I also despise that *p* word...but my sister told everyone in highschool and so I was tormented with it until I became desensitized...

jczosek said...

I think we really could be good friends. I was just browsing through when choosing my 5 to vote for and because I didn't recognize you, I clicked on your blog and was hooked with the humor and talent. So please tell me why it is you don't have a link to follow by email?

The Muser said...

I could totally be your movie buddy. Holy hell, those are all among my top 20 favorite funny movies! So I Married an Axe Murderer has some of the best one liners of all time. But I always laugh out loud every time I think about the scene "If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy, come on baby let me know...." I will often burst out with this very song while dancing around my bedroom, and my husband just shakes his head in shame.