Friday, August 12, 2011

Crappy Crapting.

We resume part 3 of "What to do when scraps are coming out of your butt",

and I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

these small-ish projects just soothe my soul.

So! What crapt are we crapting up today?

This Pottery Barn cubby shelf. Ain't this cute?

It's $100.

Sorry, but it is not $100 cute.

I loosely followed Ana's cubby shelf plan,

because,

1. I'm using scraps, yo.
and
2. This has a specific home in mind, and it needs to be a certain size.

And so I got to work with my sCRAPs. (Emphasis on the "crap").
Can anyone tell how hard I'm trying to work 'crap' into this post?

Pay no attention to the lumber stuck in the table saw!

(Don't worry-- the lumber is unstucked now.)

And the most dreaded part of all my projects:

the paint. Man, I hate to paint.


And here we are.

I would like to thank my boys for digging up and throwing in any and all school crap they could find. Thanks, boys.

And if you follow me on pinterest, (and I don't know why you would,) you just might be tipped off on how much bigger a plan this cubby shelf is a part of. (Rubs hands together, laughs evil laugh.)

14 comments:

catie said...

i quite like this crapt!!

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

You are craptastic.

I need me some carpentry skills stat.

alamama said...

love love! wonderful idea. hmmm...how could i use one of these?

Dede said...

I love your crap, man. It's awesome.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

dude! your crap is awesome!

Rebecca D said...

That thar carpt turned out really cute...

Leah Ketchum said...

still trying to figure out where to put one of these... and how to convince hub that I need it...

BTW, I may be just noticing, but the list of funny stuff your kids say on the side of the blog is HILARIOUS! I was laughing out loud and calling the hubs over to see. thanks for being so real.

Emily said...

I love your crap!

gina3 said...

While of course I like the red of the PB one, yours turned out way better. The moulding or whatever on the front with the little edge is sooooo much better than PBs.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You're awesome!

Bludart said...

Craptacular!

Indiri said...

You're on Pinterest? Do you have a link to your account there I missed?

Such a cute project! Something like this would be nice for rounding up the kids' never ending supply of pens, crayons and pipe cleaners that are strewn over a bookshelf at the moment.

Teri said...

This is awesome! I need to go check out your pinterest boards to see what you're up to...

Melanie said...

I just found your blog via Oopsey Daisy - and I'm hooked! Really, could you be any more entertaining!?!? Love you, love the blog...love it all! I'll be back for sure {do you see a stalker forming!?!?}

Smiles,
Melanie

Reasons To Skip The Housework {The Blog}
Tinker B Boutique {The Shop}

{skipthehousework@hotmail.com}