Sunday, June 19, 2011

Feelin' Lucky, Punk?

Well do ya?

'Cause I'm feelin' quite lucky today.

See, I've got some pretty freakin' awesome men in my life.

And I hope you'll forgive me for this ode to fatherhood,

But,

there's not many people who could put up with my crap like my hubby.

Best dad, best husband; lets me take and post pictures of his butt--
well, actually, he may not know about the posting of those pictures--

but he's the best guy a girl could hope for.

And you know, this full out cheesyness/dry heaving doesn't just stop there--

I've got rockin' awesome bro's, too.

Sure, they're filmed at the age of 5 singing the song they made up, which goes like so:

"Mandi yucky yucky! Yucky Mandi Mandi!"

It was quite a catchy tune, actually.

And yeah, they chopped all my barbie doll's hair off, but they're also the dudes who threatened to beat the crap out of the guy bothering me in high school, and they're the dudes who've dropped everything to help me pick up my crap in their trucks, too.

You just can't beat that awesomeness.

Or my fannypack.


And this may come as a bit of a shock to you,

but I happen to think the daddy-o is all that and a bag of chips.

And could I flair my nostrils any more in this horrible picture? I think not.

Yep.

He's the last action hero. Everyone should have a dad like the daddy-o.

Yeah, I'm thinking today's the day to start passing this around again:

it's the worst card. Ever.

My family's not really card people-- I guess we're too cheap. But this one is too dumbbutt to not keep rolling through the whole fam dam.


And on this last note,

To the good men of the world: "Shine on, shine on. The world needs more people like you."

Tole ya it was bad.

17 comments:

Mallory said...

The card is hilarious!

Carrie said...

that card is genius! I'll have to get one of those started in our family. happy father's day!!!

Lisa said...

That's stinkin hilarious! (totally sounds like something I would write......I'm such a cheese ball.). Love the card tradition......I'm going to have to start one of those in my family!

gina3 said...

I just love how hilarious you are but the message is clear (unlike that card). We had a gift box that went back forth and all around for years. I wonder what ever happened to that? I've got a Jeffrey too and yep, they are the bestest!

Emily said...

That card is awesome! I love the everyone signs in and then crosses it out to give to someone else! That may just be the coolest card ever!

Happy Father's day to your dad, brothers and your husband!

Lori said...

And hubby lets you put his cute ankles with his pants down around them in your header for all the world to see! That is one cool dude. My girls have a great Dad and so did I. You are forming two great ones too!

calikas said...

I love that picture of you and your dad! It is what originally made me follow your blog, because what is better than Lost?? not many things.

I love you dad tribute, and the card haha.

Layne Bushell said...

Oh that card is surely a classic! I love it is the never ending card! I think your daddy-o and your bro-s are pretty cool cause you're that cool!

Teri said...

This is lovely...and that card idea us hilarious! :)

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

what a funtastic tribute to the awesome men in your life!

Shirley said...

Oh, oh, oh, I LOVE the card idea! I"m so stealing that from you! The black & white of ya'll in the field is...may I use the word...precious. Yes, I'm serious. We're not extremely romantic people, but I do love stuff like that. Having lost both my dad and father-in-law last year, this has been a....smaller....Father's Day. Not sad for them, cause they're both in a better place, but it definitely shrinks your world. Just from your posts, I think the daddy-o is pretty cool too! :)

WhettenWild said...

YOU FOUND THE CARD!! Wahoo! I wondered what happened to that thing. Didn't we get that at the 2002 Olympics. I think that is where we got it. It rocks!

Happy Fathers' Day Dad!!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

When I saw the picture of you with your daddy-o, I thought he looked just like John Locke on Lost, and then, you in Dharma Initiative coveralls, it was genius. Genius, I say. Thanks for the smiles at the butt crack of dawn on a Monday morning. You rock!

Paper Scissors Paint said...

The card is hilarious! Love the Dharma Initiative jumpsuit, Mr LaFleur!

Dede said...

Love this post, love you!!

Pressed Petals said...

OMYWord! I so need to steal (ahem borrow) the card idea! my hubby is on the cheap side when it comes to these things and this would be PERFECT! I love the secong pic of your totally squishy baby. I love babies like that!

Claudia said...

Sure wish you were my neighbor...love the way you think.