Tuesday, April 26, 2011

THE MAN (di) CAVE.

I'd like to fill you in on a little somethin'. This was a previous brainstorm. A scrapped project. A discard, if you will.

It was for the CWTS olympics,

"Decoupage Level", to be exact. And we know what I eventually went for:


But back to this original idea. ..

See, it all started with this little picture from PB:

I am drawn to this. No pun intended. Not so much for the the "architectural fragment art" for $300, but more, the drawings (or, "drarings", depending on what part of the country you're from) on the wall.

Yes, I like this architectural-plans-as-art idea.

You know, like that totally awesome chalkboard wall on "90 Days of Summer"?

Love-vuh.

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so Brain, but burlap chafes me so."

(please say you watched and enjoyed that show.)

I began scanning in the Daddy-o's plans, since's he's got thee motherload.

And they each mean something spee-ecial.

So, where did they end up?

THE MAN CAVE. (echoing, booming voice.)

As I've worked on some crap in the gay-rage, I've had plans flipping and flying in the wind. It's been quite obnoxious. And if you know me, then you know I'm having a hard enough time using the drill and keeping my pants up in the back without the added confusion of le flying papiers. The Daddy-o just so happened to have a gargantuan (magnetic!) dry erase board on hand. . .

That's the Daddy-o. If he doesn't have it, they don't make it. I would also like to point out the most-likely reaction my parents have when I come over for stuff:

"MANDI'S COMING! HIDE THE LUMBER! AND THE TOOLS! AND THE CHOCOLATES! AND THE BOOZE!"

Everything but the booze.

I'm feeling just a tad on the shmoozer side lately.

But I digress. I hung my shmoozed dry erase board vertically, directly on the wall with a french cleat, and then I framed this bad boy in with some choice molding.

And the world was indefinitely better because of it.


Pinned up my scanned in plans on one side:

and left the other side clear for a scribble of my own ideas/plans/measurements/obscenities. You know, maybe sumthin' like so.


And the gay-rage is now one teensy tiny step closer to being thee ultimate MAN(DI) CAVE.

On a sidenote, this is my BFF growing up's hubby's man-cave:

I shan't go that far, but I can certainly enjoy this ingenious design.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Really? No urinal in yours? I'm so disappointed!
Okay your dad rocks. And I'm loving that you put up his plans.
And I love that the garage is YOUR space! I'm taking over my garage!

Brittany Lynn said...

I've got Brain's voice stuck in my head now. Just so you know, I may be singing that theme song the rest of the day and, consequently, drive my husband crazy.

It's gonna be a good day :]

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

i would love to be in your head. and I missed you last week...no post made it seem like the looongest week evvver.

Dara said...

I am excited to see! But I did cringe seeing the urinal. We have one in the man cave and it is the most nasty thing in the entire world. I HATE it, every dude LOVES it and feels the need to "mark" it like he lives here. Oh how I wish I had the balls to take a sledge hammer to it! lol

alison said...

Pinky rocks! I am excited to see what happens. :)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That had to be one of the top 3 cartoons of all time. Aaahhh, Real Monsters being another. I wish I had a source nearby to go to for freebies. Wood and beer and such.

Emily said...

What a great idea!

I loved that show! I wish they still had it on!

Teri said...

So cool! I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm loving the architectural designs - much more "Mandi" than a urinal.

And yes - I LOVED Animaniacs.

Mommybreath said...

Huh. A urinal. Brilliant! Then all my boys could do their best target practice somewhere other than my bathroom floor!
Thanks for the chuckle.

WhettenWild said...

That is cool to see Dad's plans up!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

What a BRILLIANT way to organize your creativity and thoughts. I need one. In every single room.

Lois@frugaldecormom said...

Loved Pinky and The Brain growing up. Now my 3 year old loves it and sings the opening song (narf and all).