Saturday, April 23, 2011

Did you miss me?

With over 26 hours in the car, and over 1700 miles clocked,

I'm home.

How'd my kids do? We-he-hell, thanks for asking. They were awesome.

AWESOMELY WHINY! AWESOMELY OBNOXIOUS!

How many ways can one say "All.Day.In.The.Car." until it sinks in? I ask you?

A few things I've learned, however:

1. El Paso is the counter-city to Forks. With sun 360-ish days of the year, and loverly desert beauty. . .

I enjoyed my 85°, thankyouverymuch.

2. Note to self: 2 out of 4 homies get car-sick in canyons.

3. A barf-bowl is a necessity. ("If you're gonna spew, spew into this.")


4. There are no limits to what 10 children under one roof can do to the sister's hacienda.


5. I am the nerdy aunt who does balloon animals for all the homeboys and girls.

("Nerd!")

6. Gratuitous baby snap.


7. I love my nieces and nephews.


8. Somehow I doubt this is the original Rosa's Cantina.


9. Where is this blog post going?



10. Nowhere.



11. I love my homies.



12., or, Exhibit A:

got our project on.
Specifically, the Ana White Rustic Table.

13. Because a covered patio with fans just begs for a long table for all those al fresco moments, no?


Specifically one stained in Bombay Mahogany? Of course it does.

14., or Exhibit B:

project numero deux, the kitchen island mini-makeover.

(We were biz-ay.)

15., and final:

Asked my homies, not 10 minutes from being home if they'd do it all again.

It was a resounding yes.

15 comments:

Pressed Petals said...

girl, you were like 15 min from my house when you were at white sands. too bad we couldn't get together.

gina3 said...

What a great trip! and you all survived the car rides. White Sands, one of my favorite places ever. It was my favorite vacation place as a kid. Great table and island makeover!!!

Emily said...

I'm glad you had a good time and survived 26 hours in the car to tell about it. It looks like you guys had a blast!

WhettenWild said...

Come BAAAAAAACK! We miss you guys already!!! Is next week too soon? Probably for the car ride. ha ha.

Thanks for the awesome projects!
Love you guys!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

welcome home! glad you survived the long trip with the homes! we just got back from our whirlwind trip around the southwest as well!

Renee said...

What fun!!! {well, minus the car ride!} I love that stain on that table!!! I bet all the kiddos had a blast!

Monique, I love your pillows on your couch! :) I'm excited to see pictures of the new hacienda! ...& G looks so.much.older!

Renee said...

Oh & the barf bowl quote...was that Goonies?

slommler said...

Ha!! Love the homies for sure!! Great pics!!
I live in the southwest and love every minute of it.
Glad you enjoyed your visit
Hugs
SueAnn

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Oh I feel your pain. My kids may be older but this past week we went 12 hours to Disneyland and it was a little painful. Of course, I am the worst at spending time in the car.
Looks like a beautiful place you went and 85 is much better than the rain and 40 degrees we have been enjoying right?
Have a great day,
Brooke

chris w said...

You are brave. Very.Very.Brave. It looks like it was so fun. Those sand dunes look amazing! Glad you made it there and back safe! :)

Lisa said...

Welcome back! You are a roadtrip survivor! 26 hours with 4 leeeetle children - very impressive! So glad you had a great time.

Teri said...

As a mommy who gets car sick and has car sick kids- benadryl helps. Give it too them about an 30 mins/an hour before the canyon. I like it better then dramamine because it doesn't make them groggy all day, and for me the dramamine never seems to work when I need it.

Teri said...

I'm glad to see you had such a great time!! :) How did your sister like the shadow-box for her adorable little girl? Awesome photos, and PS: I really hope your barf-bowl was bigger than Garth's.

Jen said...

I'm so happy your'e home safe and sound! You're a mighty BRAVE woman to travel that far in a car with the 4 tinies! WOW!! We, too, have issues with car sickness. We keep 2 puke buckets in our van! I discovered that just having a bowl wasn't good enough, so I use gallon ice cream buckets lined with grocery bags. That way, I can take the whole bag out and toss it, having a somewhat clean bucket for the rest of the trip. And, if by some unfortunate oversight, the bag had a hole in it, the lid works great to help mask the smell. =)

irawitA said...

they are amazing pics...with amazing ideas...and beautiful homes...with better window seats...love with it...will get similar thing for my home too...you rock...:)))..