With over 26 hours in the car, and over 1700 miles clocked,
How'd my kids do? We-he-hell, thanks for asking. They were awesome.
AWESOMELY WHINY! AWESOMELY OBNOXIOUS!
How many ways can one say "All.Day.In.The.Car." until it sinks in? I ask you?
A few things I've learned, however:
1. El Paso is the counter-city to Forks. With sun 360-ish days of the year, and loverly desert beauty. . .
I enjoyed my 85°, thankyouverymuch.
2. Note to self: 2 out of 4 homies get car-sick in canyons.
3. A barf-bowl is a necessity. ("If you're gonna spew, spew into this.")
4. There are no limits to what 10 children under one roof can do to the sister's hacienda.
5. I am the nerdy aunt who does balloon animals for all the homeboys and girls.
6. Gratuitous baby snap.
7. I love my nieces and nephews.
8. Somehow I doubt this is the original Rosa's Cantina.
9. Where is this blog post going?
11. I love my homies.
12., or, Exhibit A:
got our project on.
Specifically, the Ana White Rustic Table.
13. Because a covered patio with fans just begs for a long table for all those al fresco moments, no?
Specifically one stained in Bombay Mahogany? Of course it does.
14., or Exhibit B:
project numero deux, the kitchen island mini-makeover.
(We were biz-ay.)
15., and final:
Asked my homies, not 10 minutes from being home if they'd do it all again.
It was a resounding yes.