And so, I would like to make known my distaste of the holiday named "New Years".
Don't hate me. If you love New Years (Day or Eve), please tell me why you do and then I shall adopt your tradition and try harder next year.
Really. I'm an open-minded kind of gal, I swear. I fully admit to listening to Barry Manilow, and I even eat curry now for crying out loud.
But I digress.
I have this thing about a personalized calendar. Why? I have no frickin' idea. Not sure why I can't just go to Walmart, pick a calendar covered in cats and be done with it.
2 years ago, I got all crapty and made my own scrapbook-y one:
Last year, in some sort of subconcious passive-aggressive action to the prior year's efforts, I went all lazy:
And this year, I did an in-betweeny.
(all I can say is, I guess my boys kick each other a heckuvalot.)
And I like it. And it was cheap. And easy. Just like a daytime hooker.
And they messed up and sent me two. So double the pleasure, double the fun I 'spose.
Now, I can still talk about New Years, and it's resolution opportunities, can't I? It's only the 2nd week of January, right? Did I miss the boat?
Oh, what the hey, who cares.
Last year, I began my "101 in 1001" list. 101 different projéts to be completed in 1001 days.
So, I looked it over. And I will have you know that I completed. . . .wait for it. . .
of those 101 items. Go me.
Now, some of these are boring items, like these for instance:
9. Cash out/close Wells Fargo Account
39. Take boys for one-on-one activities
(I assure you it's not boring to them.)
45. Get a great tan
55. Have a fondue party
56. Get Kenna to sleep through the night
59. Get a cheese grater thingy like at Olive Garden
79. Learn how to get up before my kids, shower, and get them to school on time
And so on and so forth.
And some are a tad more notable.
4. Learn to play the harmonica
I highly recommend this. Bust out your banjo and fiddle and let's jam.
16. Get a rad looking "street light" lamp for the family room
42. Have a seriously organized pantry
With a couple additions after this picture was taken, it's as good as it's gonna get.
64. Get all the old pics off my old computer and onto our external drive
And now I can have awesome little diddies like these:
at my fingertips. And Gramma, I must say, your hair is so boss.
84. Get the hooks up for snow clothes
74. Find those cool roman numerals for the other side of the wall
And so on and so forth.
So I guess I didn't waste all of 2010 playing Zuma. Or watching Netflix. Or playing Guitar Hero.
Well, hot dang. (Yeah, swearing's on that list, too).