Friday, November 19, 2010

Version 3.0

So we have this tradition. . .

(it counts as a tradition if you've done it not once, not twice, but thrice, right?)

we call it the "Thankful Tree", 'cause we are super witty and unique around here.

You know what I'm gonna say before I say it, right? The tree with the leaves with all the stuff you're thankful for, yadayadayada. . .

'Cause, you know, I want my kids to be grateful 'n stuff.



And, you know, 'cause I like to laugh at them for their completely sincere "thankful" list. That's the kind of awesome mom I am.

You can count on me.

(version 2.0)

'Cause you can't live without your brain. Good thinking, boys.

And mealtime would just be boring without chicken.

Wouldn't it? Of course it would. 'Cause you know that pork is not really the "other" white meat. Come on! That's not fooling anybody.

You think I'm belittling my kids, don't you?
(version 1.0)

Well you would be totally, and COMPLETELY. . . right.
Except I love these honest, simple answers.


I really do.

9 comments:

Hoosier at Heart said...

So, so sweet. What do you do with the tree after Thanksgiving? It might be fun to keep the leaves in a box or something every year so you can humiliate the kids when they grow up, see the fun just keeps going!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I love the honest answers too.

Angela said...

Great! I'm with you. Love it. Have you ever used gulf wax to wax the leaves? Several blogged about it last year so we tried it. Another fun fall activity and could add another dimension to your "tradition." Have fun.

gina3 said...

I hope you save those leaves in an envelope or something and note the year they were done. It will so much fun to watch the words on those leaves transform over the years as the kids get older. They would get a kick out of seeing swedish fish on a leaf from when they were little. Great activity on so many levels.

Emily said...

That is such a cute idea!

WhettenWild said...

I love your kids answers! They are the best and cutest ever! Your tree turned out really cute!

Teri said...

I agree - totally simple and sweet. Very cute! Do you keep them afterward? Or just take pictures? By the way, I'm uploading a card tutorial as we speak! :)

Leca Unplugged said...

Best idea ever. I love it. I'll have to get my kids going on that one. Thanks. Oh, and seriously-- who doesn't love a good Swedish Fish? It'll make my list.

1 Funky Woman said...

Swedish fish and brains! Those are the best! Remember I only talk about the other blessings! No I just laugh when those things happen! I'm really not some ungrateful "B" honest!

Great idea for the kids!

Meg