Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Post About Cake.

Sweet, sweet cake.

See, my sis in law is a fancy cake decorator, and she's all up on everyone's birthdays and such.

She always asks what we want. And then I go:

"Um, uh heh, I don't know. ?. "



And so she made me this, like, totally personalized cake.

And it is so cool.

This bad boy is covered in some of my fave quotes. How did she know I love movie quotes?? She must have ESPN or something.

Seriously. Do you see them?

"You suuuuuck!"
"Aim for the flat top!"
"

"The flux capacitor"
(see, you can't leave out Back to the Future; besides that is a totally awesome movie, they also happen to always travel back on Nov. 12th, or my birfday).

and even,

"You had me at _____".
You know what? Never mind. Let's just say it's not "hello". It's from my favorite "My Name Is Earl", the "Cops" episode.

And this is a family blog. So that "______" will stay empty.

Wonder who ate that quote? Huh.

Anywho,

I ate my weight in sweet, sweet, goodness this weekend.

How did everyone know I like me a treat?

19 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Happy belated birthday. That cake is spectacular. I am now hungry. :)

Tempest Ahoy said...

Ooooh Happy Birthday, darlink! Hope it was faboosh.

Holly said...

Hope you had a great one!

gina3 said...

Awesome cake! I've never seen anything like it. It's sooo cool. Happy Birthday! Now I know why I like your blog and sense of humor and everything so much...my birthday is Nov. 11. Since I'm a huge chocoholic, I'm drowning in chocolate right now because everyone gave me so much. So, wow, we're both Scorpios. I'd love to say I'm a day younger than you but I actually think I'm a whole decade older.

Emily said...

That cake is awesome! What a nice sister in law. And where did you get those cupcakse with the swirly frosting. Those look YUMMY!

WhettenWild said...

Love the cake. It turned out so cute and I love the movie quotes. That rocks. Happy Birthday!

1 Funky Woman said...

Man she is amazing! I bet it tasted as good as it looks! Yummy, I want one of those cupcakes!

Happy happy!

Meg

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

That cake is soooo cool! I wish I could do that.
Love the quotes.
Happy Birthday, a little late. Hope it was awesome.
Brooke

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

aw Happy Birfday! LOVE that cake!

Teri said...

Yum! :) I wish I had me a flux capacitor. I'd go back to Thursday and not waste my 4-day weekend! LOL Hope you had an awesome birthday! :)

Jill said...

OOOO-Mygosh! That cake ROCKS! ...Love it, Love it, Love it! *Happy Birthday!*

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Happy Birthday!!

But...was it really "cake" or was it prettily frosted bread?

Hmmmmm?

Layne Bushell said...

So I'm going to decide to have your Birfday spread into next week. More treats comin. But I have to say, it won't be like those uber cool treats you photografed! Love ya & Happy Birfday!

dena4kids said...

Love the movie quotes! That is AWESOME! Hope you had some Galaxy Quest on there!(heehee)
Hope you had a fun b-day!=)

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

Happy Bday Mandi! Awesome cake & so thoughtful! THe cupcakes look yummy too!

Pressed Petals said...

awww...happy birthday! hope it was grand! what a great cake!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Happy Birthday! I am so jealous of your cake. I almost licked my computer screen but then I remembered all of the nasty fingerprints. Cant wait to meet you this week!!

love your guts
mandi

Leca Unplugged said...

Happy Birthday! Aww, now I have to clean my monitor from all the drool marks. I loooooove cake! Yum Yum Yum.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Happy Birthday Mandi! You rock!