Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The one I have to post before someone beats me to it.

'Cause surely someone else will come up with this same, exact idea.

Did you get your Pottery Barn catalog? Me too!

I poured over every page. As usual.

And then I saw these:

$79, and $299, respectively. (respective to what??)

Oh you know which price goes to which. C'mon.

Anywho, I said to myself,
"self, you can figure out a way to do thems yourself. On the super duper cheap. I'll bet Karen has something for you to use."

You know, Karen? A.K.A. the graphics fairy?

She didn't disappoint.

I ordered some 20x30's from costco,

(take a tip from me: if it says there's a resolution problem, there is. Go smaller than I did. You don't have to go all jumbo like me)

And dude, seriously, these are like a 15 minute project. Well, if you slap them together all crappy-like, which is what I'm about to show you:

scraps from the gay-rage, spray painted, cut 1 inch larger than the posters,

some heavy duty double sided tape,


and we are good to go here.
9 bucks, 15 minutes,

total p.o.s. construction.

And if I end up hanging one of those there, I'll be pondering the implications of them below that "EAT" sign, to be sure.





Creations by Kara



Linked to Finding Fabulous Frugalicious Friday.


25 comments:

Boy Mom said...

Hmmm, were they meant to be Halloween decorations? I like the way they turned out just not sure which room they'd fit in.

Lori said...

Great project and terrific money saver! You will have so much fun with those.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Did you say self....you did good? So you took your print to Costco and they enlarged it for you?

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

lol, so true - I just got my catalog the other day and I'm thinking about how quickly I can beat others to the punch. Nice job in coming in first, haha! ;)

That's so crazy the prints are EXACTLY the same! I wonder if PB is getting their goods from Karen, hmmmm...

WhettenWild said...

You Rock! Love it!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Why are Halloween decorations so obscenely expensive?

Can't stand it.

Brilliant idea woman, just brilliant!

1 Funky Woman said...

Ok, where are mine, you have my address remember, lol! Well you certainly never disappoint. Of course you found a way to do them on the cheap, wow I love them!

No but seriously you have my address!

Meg

Janelle said...

Dang! I totally did that same thing and was going to blog about it first. You totally beat me to it.

(j/k) (typing j/k totally took me back to middle school for a minute.)

Emily said...

Those are cool. Dave would love them.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

I can't believe they (pottery barn) wanted $79 and $299 for those. I mean they are cool but really. Yours are dang cool and on the cheap. Amazing.
Brooke

Rebecca D said...

$299.!?!?! Do they think we are nuts???
Good job though... I really like them with the "eat" sign...

Linda said...

This is so great...I just love projects like this...the Graphics Fairy is such a great source, too!

Theresa said...

Genius! They turned out fabulous and I know I always like them better when I saved over $200!!! I will have to remember about Costco's printing abilities. Thank you for sharing! Theresa

Audra said...

You put Pottery Barn to shame...shame..shame! Can I tell you how en.vi.ous I am? Simply must have these for the Halloween season.

Did I ever mention that you are my She-ro?

Teri said...

Super creepy and super cheap! Gotta love that! :)

gillian said...

I, too, saw these in the PB catalog and threw up in my mouth a little at the price, but you are a genius!!! I HAVE to do this. Worship, worship!!!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Costco + Graphic Fairy + Mandi = Epic Genius.

Kirsty said...

Great idea!!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I found you through Karen over at The Graphics Fairy. Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone. This is a super project and a HUGE money saver!

LuLu

Lorie said...

Brilliant! I am going to have to find just ht perfect image to send to Costco to print!!

Thanks for linking it up to Show and TEll Saturday!

Denise said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing...I love show and tell.
Denise
www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com

Chris said...

What a very cool idea! Thank you so much for posting your use - LOVE Graphics Fairy and LOVE what you did here.

eko said...

They're for Hallowe'en? Didn't know. Wow, I really AM warped, I love how you hung them below the "EAT" sign! Inspiration (for what? getting my new kitchen built?)

Denise Marie said...

Ummmm, wow...right underneath the EAT sign. I'd be a little creeped out about what you were serving. lol

Great job with the knock-off. I saw those and they are sooo cool.

Denise Marie said...

Ummmm, wow...right underneath the EAT sign. I'd be a little creeped out about what you were serving. lol

Great job with the knock-off. I saw those and they are sooo cool.