Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Name Is Earl.

Couple months back, Cheri at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar (betcha already read her, don't ya??)
posted about name patches.

You know, name patches?


She puts them on her boys' shirts and jackets, and the moment I saw them, I looooved them.
You can buy them from her here.

Anywho, as I was pondering on these totally awesome name patches, ideas were percolatin' in the ole noggin.

-Heck with my kids; can't I wear a name patch on my jacket? I would prefer "Herb".

and also,

-Oh my gosh oh my gosh!! I have an awesome idea for Halloween now.



Dude. "VENKMAN". Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I could quote Venkman all.day.long. I really could. Hee-hee-hee-sterical.

Please say you recognized that name patch right off the bat. Please?

So I knew I had to order one of these.

OH FINE! Now you get why I want the name patch for Halloween, right?

Still looking for some Khaki coveralls, by the by.

So I placed an order for these, but they come in packs of 5. So, while I was at it, I ordered some more.

Who wants to be Spengler with me?

And you know by now, just like Pioneer Woman, movie quotes are my life. Apparently.

So I had to pay homage to

Lloyd. Lloyd Christmas, that is.

Herb. "It's Herbie Hancock. Duh."

And I do adore "My Name Is Earl", but this isn't so much homage to the show, but to Earl on "LoneStar State of Mind".
(You should watch it, if you haven't already. But be prepared to nearly wet your pants from laughter. Oh, and quote Junior all day long.)


Tried one on Jace, by the by.

Even though I really want to keep them for myself.

A grown, 30 year old woman can wear these. . .

Can't I?

17 comments:

chris w said...

Please please please wear them. My respect for you would skyrocket - and it's already pretty darn high. :)

and btw...Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Emily said...

Heck yeah you can wear them. They are awesome!

Rebecca D said...

THese are way cool... I showed your post to my teenage daughter and I guess we'll be ordering some too...

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Oh. My. Goodness. The possibilities of wearing these while I coach would be endless.

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Of COURSE a grown woman in her 30's can wear them.

I would SO wear a Venkman name patch.

On everything.

Mandi said...

I just found your blog and you are awesome!! My name is mandi also and I think that we are just meant to be friends, so what do ya say?

Love your guts
mandi

Mandi said...

So yes I have been neglecting the offspring and reading your bloggy since my last comment... But I swear it we possibly are sisters and didn't even know it, I too went to chhs. Bizarro! I didn't graduate until 01 though. Ok until next time...

Love your guts
mandi

1 Funky Woman said...

I feel like s... But oh you made me laugh. I wanna go trick or treating with you! Now I'm in bed on my iPad humming "who ya gonna call, ghost busters". My husband just said, "thanks" for that! Your little guy seems happy with a new name!

Happy weekend to you!
If you need my address for those Halloween hanging things, I'd be glad to give it to you again, muwahaha

Love ya,
Meg

dena4kids said...

I love it! Let me know if you find your brown overalls. I also like Lewis.=)

dena4kids said...

I love it! Let me know if you find your brown overalls. I also like Lewis.=)

Leca Unplugged said...

I love the name patches. I ordered a few from Cheri myself. My kids think they are awesome. I love your movie quotes. I was right with you on all of 'um.

Layne Bushell said...

I know they are iron on, but sometimes it doesn't hold well...I'm happy to sew those bad boys on for you.....

Tempest Ahoy said...

Um. AWESOME.

WhettenWild said...

Love it! Jace's shirt is awesome. You still need a Workman shirt.

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

Thanks for the link up. The GB ones are pretty sweet. Also, I used to have one of those towel thingies, too. I wore it till the velcro didn't stick anymore. Gotta get another one of those. Thanks for reminding me.

Cheri

Anny said...

ROFL! These are beyond awesome :D

Teri said...

Do it, girl. Where that Herb patch with pride! I want to be Venkman now too!