Monday, August 30, 2010

Sometimes I get bored.

And then sometimes that means I need to find a new hobby.

Or I just need to get going on the laundry. Either one.


But--- I went for the former. (that's a no-brainer).

I've been toying with the idea of a new lens,
namely,

a LensBaby. They are cheap, they look like fun,

and so this is right up my alley as a craptacular photog hobbyist.

Seriously, when done right, they can give thee coolest, most interestingest and creativist photos.

And I would like to cuss out the company I ordered mine from, who took so long to get it to me that I didn't get to take it on our last trip to the lake, dag nab it.
Today was my first try.

Hey now, come on! I walked into my backyard and tried it (while reading the instruction manual at the same time) for 5 minutes.

(ahem, 5th try of getting the correct focus on that train. And boys! Get your freakin' toy back in the freakin' house!)
Dang, this is just the awesome kind of distraction I need.

And while I'm at it, I'll try a shot on my other hobby.

Wow, that is craptacular. Can you even tell what that is? It's a harmonica.

I know, I know. Just when you thought I couldn't do anything dumber, I went and did something like this. . . . and TOTALLY redeemed myself!

Dude, I shoulda learned to play the harmonica a loooong time ago-- it's so cool. The first little bit I was all

"dang this is confusing-- I feel like my brain has been scrambled with a fork."

And then, you like, catch on, and you're like playing this totally craptacular version of "Piano Man". Sooo fun.

And finally, the final hobby I've picked up.

No, I can't.

Oh fine I will.

No--- I can't. . .

Fine.

If I had one foot in Nerdville and one out, I just hopped on over and ran to the far end.

I wanted to learn how to make balloon animals. I am serious.

Hello? Anyone left?

No, seriously-- I so see myself making them for our annual Halloween party for all the kiddos.

And my kids really love those practice balloon swords. (they're not meant to hold up under that kind of force, homeboys).

Guess I shoulda just stuck with the laundry.

16 comments:

Janelle said...

Awesome! I have wanted to do balloon animals- but never did anything about it. That is why you are cooler then me, I just think about stuff and never do it.

I have a harmonica somewhere... maybe I should find it.

You rock.

Lori said...

Love the lensbaby, you already take great pictures.

gina3 said...

Can't believe you get bored with 4 kids. Congrats on that lens. Now you're most awesome pictures will be the best in blogland. I think your skills exceed that of just a photog hobbyist.

Pressed Petals said...

cool lens.

and can't wait to see all of your balloon animals! ;)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I want a balloon. Do you love the lens. Can I ask what is cheap?

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

You seriously crack me up. I never would have guessed balloon animals and the harmonica is a pretty far stretch too. My son wants to learn the harmonica. Do you have to take lessons or do you just teach yourself? I don't know anyone who plays it. Congratulations on your new hobbies.
Brooke

Emily said...

That is awesome that you learn new things. I would have never thought about balloon animals. How cool is that? I bet your kids love it.

Rebecca D said...

The lens looks really cool... You can keep the harmonica, but the girlies and I had tons of fun with balloon animals when they were younger...
Your kids always looks so happy...You are such a great mom!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

I dunno...I kinda like the trippy flower picture.

Cool lens!!

dena4kids said...

I love the new found talents! You need to post a video of you playing your harmonica so I can get my recorder and have a jam session!=)**See, I am a nerd too!**

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Yes! Balloon animals! My human resources director at my old job could make balloon animals. For halloween last year she made a ton of giant spiders, you just blow up a large round balloon for the body and a small round balloon for the head, then do long balloons for the legs!

Teri said...

Oh, how I love catching up with the Tremayne clan. I've missed your last few posts, and they are all photoey and colourful. Love. LOVE.

Layne Bushell said...

Cool lens, cool pics and the balloons were a total hit at my house! Seriously. Nat couldn't talk enough....so how about balloons at the k school party that i'm in charge of....hmmm we'll have to plan that one...could be fun.....

Layne Bushell said...

Cool lens, cool pics and the balloons were a total hit at my house! Seriously. Nat couldn't talk enough....so how about balloons at the k school party that i'm in charge of....hmmm we'll have to plan that one...could be fun.....

Leca Unplugged said...

You make me giggle. Ballon animals-- really? I can never learn how to do that because my kids would bug me to make them something every second of every day.

Suzie Button said...

Weird that you want to learn how to make balloon things, as I was at The Spaghetti Warehouse a couple weeks ago and an adult woman had a sign on her shirt "I work for tips" and was making balloon shapes for kids. I caught her eye, hey, I'm a big kid! And she made me the little mermaid! I was thinking the same thing, what a happy job! Suzie