Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sometimes I finish crap.

This mirror. Do you remember this mirror I started, oh, like 8 months ago?

Dude. It is like, the bain of my existence. The sliver in my foot. The hair in my soup. The floating dookie in the pool.

And so forth. I hate that thing in a way. It sat on Kenna's floor and got tore up by the 2 year old because I kept not hanging it (how do you hang a mirror with no hanger thingy on the back?? Oh. A french cleat and some gorilla glue. Aaaah).

Anywho, the mirror is actually kinda nice-- kinda opens up the room. And then one thing lead to another. . .

Heck, while I'm at it in here I'm going to get that chandelier hung.

Heck, if I'm gonna go to the trouble of hanging a chandy, I might as well get a ceiling medallion for it too. You know I like me some trim.

You know, a ceiling medallion?

One of these? Let's just say, hanging the medallion, with the chandy at the same time, proved to be a bit of a debacle. Imagine Jeff and I on a step ladder, holding them both up, sweating profusely, my head in his armpit, our arms burning, cussing,

and so forth.

Anywho, again, I thought, heck. Let's just finish this here room up. Let's frame in the windows. And the closet.


I didn't take a picture of the windows??
I didn't take a picture of the windows.

But these windows and the closet-- they proposed a minor challenge--

We had run the chair molding all the way to the edge of both. Ew.

And that's when my dad introduced me to this totally rad tool:

which will cut through molding (and your drywall if you're not careful, ahem)

like butta.

So, I'm loving the new little additions in her lil room. I love the reflection of the chandy oh so much. And the light it gives in there changes the whole feel of things.


And finally, note to self:
this is why you work when the babe is asleep.

(finding the nail gun in her mouth not pictured; it has a safety AND was locked-- don't you judge me!)

And, painting all.that.molding.'s up next. You'll want to kick yourself then.

17 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Cute stuff going on in there! I am glad the nail gun didn't cause an issue....oh my. Where is your EAT post so I can see it. I am not remembering it right now.

Layne Bushell said...

Believe it or not, We have a dremmel saw! They're cool. Do I know how to use it? No. But we own one! PS the room looks awesome too...love love love everything!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Well that sure "girl-ied" up the room. Love the mirror and the chandy. I think that little tool is one I don't have, I might have to have one. It would be handy.
Brooke

chris w said...

Dude - the room looks SO GOOD!
Kenna's just a handy mommy in training. :)

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Molding exhausts me.

But oh, that mirror in the little girls room...

Too cute for words!

Because "cute" just isn't word enough.

Anny said...

I'm always amazed by all you get done! I love that chandy and can't believe you got that mirror up without a back - Wow!

Dede said...

Holy heck. I'm going to hire you out. I just don't get how you're so good! (I won't judge you...as I type I look at my quiet son and he's rolling a ball of his poop between his hands....gotta go!)

Rebecca D said...

You work when the baby's napping? How smart are you... I let the hubs do it while I nap... (I wish...lol)

Emily said...

I love the chadelier! How cool is that? a chadelier in your room!! I wish I had half the energy or creativity you have

dena4kids said...

I love it! I love the medallion and the chady.(heeheee..chandy is a funny word.)I want one for my room but I can't get Nathan to take down the fan. sigh...I just want a little bling in my room! Is that so wrong?!!

Audra said...

Oooh...I am so deeply in love with this room! That chandy...makes me school-girl-giddy-head-over-heals-gaga-swoon-in-love.

The mirror is caaa-uuute! Dang caauuute! Glad you finished it so I can be inspired to create one...eventually.

Fabu job!

gina3 said...

But see, when you put your mind to it to do all that stuff, it all gets finished. I just drag it out forever. Love that chandelier. I have a similar one (very similar, probably made by the same people) that I loaned to my friend and it hangs over her tub (ooh la la) and it's so pretty.

WhettenWild said...

Love the closet. Glad to see you got the mirror to stay up. It looks really good!

Lori said...

Poor, cute little girl in training. Would she get workman's comp? Look at those little toes digging into the carpet to get to help! Love the mirror.

cranberry cottage said...

I like the shelf you have in one of your pictures!!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

The chandy is AMAZING. I wants one.

Pops and Bon-Bon said...

Let me just say this again: I love your blog! So glad that Shellbell introduced me to it.