Tuesday, August 24, 2010

South to drop off, north to pick 'em up.

("South to drop off, Moron!")

I fully realize that I am beating a dead horse when I discuss summer. And school.

(we like to start 'em out early with, oh, you know: french literature)

Actually, I think it's more like digging up the buried horse,

to re-beat it. Again.

Sorry.

But I have to mark this occasion, of my two little hoodlums in school,

and also mention that this ends all their years of wearing matching clothes.

Don't want my kids to be made fun of, ya know.

Half-nekkid boy couldn't be left out.


Why is it that I have to be left with the ones who don't want to play a video game with me, Uno with me, can't cook with me,

the ones that cling to my legs while I try to exercise and still need their bums wiped? THE BORING ONES??

Oops did I just say that out loud?

13 comments:

Teri said...

LOL I love that you say what you REALLY think, Mandi! ;)

Janelle said...

I laughed out loud with that one. I totally agree! We'd have so much more fun if we were not held back by little ones. But I guess they grow up sometime right?

I love your photo shoots. So awesome.

dena4kids said...

OK so I have to remember to take my camera tomm. I am so bad about it!
Cute pics!

WhettenWild said...

LOVE the pictures! They are so cute. Jace and Alexia in Kindergarten..sniff sniff.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

When I have kids I'm just going to use them as an excuse to do the things I secretly still want to do. Like go to Disney World again. And Great Wolf Lodge (they have dessert for dinner!!!).

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

If you don't tell me soon that you take 1000 photos to get those good ones I am so not going to like you anymore.

gina3 said...

Well, you can still dress up the two left in matching outfits...oh wait, that might give one of them a complex since they are different genders. Cute cute pics!

Emily said...

Those are cute pictures. I have one more year until Kayla goes to school. I am already having anxiety.

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

Thanks for that Mandi, making me feel REAL excited for February;) Haha, your kids make me laugh so much.

Rebecca D said...

I love your photos...

I'll miss hanging with my girlie next week when she starts school too... I know she is a teenager and I'm suspeosed to fight with her and not enjoy her, but I feel like she is packing my smile up and taking it with her in that over priced LL Bean messenger bag...

Leca Unplugged said...

Oh just wait until they all leave the house and then you'll be in heaven! (Probably shouldn't have said that-- but it's true!) I love the book pictures.

Anny said...

ROFL! Hopefully the boring ones get more unboring ;)

Kate (Little Beach Bum) said...

You are so funny! And honest! You should write a book...seriously. Just turn this blog into a book and you're set. I would buy it!