Monday, April 19, 2010

The Big Unveiling.

Please join me, friends, for a tour of

The Ultimate Playroom.

Which I have had ants in my pants this last month to get in on this and snap some photos. So where to start?

Well, the beginning, of course. Which began with an idea, straight from Gramma's brain. 4 in the morning, to be exact.


She woke up, all sorts of ideas floating in thee ole noggin, headed down to her freezing cold basement, sat on the floor, and wrote it.all.out.

And here we go!

As we head down the stairs, the hall has every grandkids' name, and potentially a silhouette of each child in the future.
Now, gramma's a smart lady. Safety first!

The stairs are covered in a soft foam. You know, for those little unstable toddler legs. The floor is also covered in the same foam, and the center is. . .


Checkerboard. Chess anyone? Checkers?

Now, I really wanted to get all up on this awesomeness. My parents humored me and let me make signs

for the. . .

GROCERY STORE. Complete with toy food, grocery cart, cash register, cash, AND credit cards.

Follow me to the adjacent wall,
where we have the gigantic chalkboard (dude-duh, that chalkboard is framed in with fluting. . .swoon) and easel.

Next to the chalkboard wall, we have the. . .

TELEPHONE BOOTH. YES I AM YELLING.


Across the way, we have the. . .

TRAIN. Climb on in. It too is padded in a soft foam. Please watch your step.

And finally, the pi-ece de resistance.

THE CASTLE. The 2 story castle.
I'm sorry. As a lover of molding and the likes, I must point it out again.

No need to climb out of the castle when wanting to take a train ride, because Gramma & Grampa have thought of everything.

They are connected.

And this completes our tour. Thanks for joining me. Can you come out to play?

17 comments:

gina3 said...

Oh my gosh, you could make a fortune renting that out for children's birthday parties!!! What lucky grandchildren!!!

1 Funky Woman said...

Can you hear me yelling "NO WAY"! Dude this is totally awesome! Ok why are we saying dude? Anyhoo I want to come play. This is seriously the best I've seen. What amazing grandparents! Love it!

Halls Huddle said...

That is a grandchild's dream come true! What lucky grandkids your parents have!!!

WhettenWild said...

DUDE Mom and Dad ROCK! YES I AM YELLING. Can't wait to see it in person. TOO COOL!

Janelle Bartlome said...

sweet!

Layne Bushell said...

wowza! that's amazing. Maybe one day I'd be willing to give up my basement to my grandkids...maybe. Seriously, that is awesome! Of course, I love all the mandi touches throughout!

Dara said...

Very cool! I can't wait to get the girls the PURPLE doll house bunk beds!!! But that even that has NADA on that great playroom!

Emily said...

SHUT UP! That is awesome. I want to play down there. Seriously your parents ROCK

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

That is AWESOME! I want to come over and plaaaaaaaaaay!

chris w said...

I am beginning to see the genetic link of creative decorating awesomeness that has been passed down to you. NOT FAIR dude. Just not fair.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Give me a break! I now know where all your creativness comes from. It makes me want to be a kid again. Can I come play? Awesome, just Awesome.
Brooke

Dede said...

Holy hannah, YES I want to come over and play...what time is good? I love that the grocery store is complete with credit cards lol. Your family is lucky to have you!

Anny said...

You know ... if your children's love was for sale grandma just bought a lifetime supply of it ;)

dena4kids said...

Man we will be right over! I don't mean the kids,I mean me and Nathan!! That is AWESOME!

Teri said...

Freakin' awesome! I'm coming over to play! :)

The Schoonies said...

that is a swwweeet playroom! how creative!

Nicole R.J. said...

Wow, can I come play?! I'm sending this to both my mom and MIL to file away, one of them is bound to take the bait! :D