Tuesday, April 20, 2010

If you're a sewing kind a gal.

My kids have big feet.

Not to be confused with wide. They are thick feet. From sole to top. Thick, man. Consequently, we have trouble with shoes in the early years.

(yes, we all do have bruises on our legs; why do you ask? We like to give our "hello"'s with a nice, hard, kick to the shins.)
And consequently, you will generally see my lil uns with nekkid little tootsies.

Anywho, my lovely sister in law, Rachel, made Kenna some bodacious lil shoes, and I.am.in.love.


Look at these awesome things- they are soft, comfy, cozy--

they have elastic in them, and they are simply purrrrrfect for these thick feet of ours. Rachel just uses the scraps she has left over from quilts and the like. She says they're really easy cheesy.

Apparently they're pretty darned tasty, too.

(and apparently my babe needs her neck cleaned, too)
Try 'em out for your babe or your next baby gift if you're not sewing challenged. Imagine all the matchy smatchy possibilities: baby legs. . . custom onesies. . .

Get the pattern in a PDF file here.
Um, so, I'm thinking I need some of these in every color of the rainbow.

15 comments:

Jessie said...

Those are adorable! My kids have chubby feet too, and Robeez seem to fit them good (which these remind me of), but I'm sure making them is much cheaper!

We also have a neck-cheese problem around here too. ;)

Layne Bushell said...

i don't do clothes, but i can do those... very easy cheezy! I love that she loves to eat them!

gina3 said...

Around here we call them "high arches" instead of chubby :) Oh, how I miss the little gunkiness that gets in their little rolls under their necks, between their fingers, etc. Goes by so fast!

kim said...

those are cute, I made some of those for Bear when he was smaller, they are also good for them to be able to feel the ground when learning to walk!

Teri said...

Those are adorable, as are your kids! That said, I call Cliff my "babe"...and I'm not so sure he'd look good in these. ;)

La TempĂȘte said...

I want to make some for my kids this winter...we'll see how that pans out!

Anny said...

What a thoughtful gift! So your kids have thick feet and big heads? They must grow them bigger out in your area ;)

Dara said...

Those are super cute!!! And so is she! I love CHUNKY babies!

And in response....we playout side too!!! We should take all the kids out sometime or just let them play together, outside!

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

I love these Mandi! So cute...I really need to learn to sew better:(

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Could Rachel make some for me too? I would send chocolate.

I avoid sewing whenever possible, because I have, in all seriousness, sewn a curtain to the jeans. I was wearing.

And yet I'm allowed to work in a hospital. Go figure.

Emily said...

those are way cute. I hope to be able to sew one day.

dena4kids said...

Those are SOO cute! I might just have to try them!=)

maria moore said...

I saw her neck and thought of my son Van too, he gets phooey neck too, but poor thing gets all red :(

Anonymous said...

Just that is necessary, I will participate. Together we can come to a right answer.

Anonymous said...

You commit an error. I can defend the position.