Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Water Dam-(it)-age.

Ya know, there's unneccessary projects that've been done in this here house-- just stuff for fun. Mainly so I won't be bored.

And then there's the necessary. The abso-freakin-lutely mandatory ones like this 'un I'm about to show you. This disaster-catastrophe. Are you ready? 'Cause I'm not.

I really like my master bathroom. It's roomy. It has a toilet fan. It has hanging robes that occasionally scare the daylights out of me 'cause it looks like someone's standing in there out of the corner of my eye. It also has a major, major leaking problem.

Yeeee-ah.

That's kind of a problem. Like, ya know, in the ginormous arena. 'Specially when there's carpet in your bathrom. And the leak is directly above your electrical panel.

And after one particularly long shower, you find your carpet very, very wet. And after 3 steam cleans, your carpet looks like this.

And the water coming out of the steam cleaner is like this.


'Mmm. Beer anyone?

So here's what ya do. Ya git yerself a plumber.

Then you make some decisions. I'll let ya know what we decide on, of course. What don't I share??

11 comments:

chris w said...

Dang, sorry!

If only one thing comes out of this - it needs to be tile flooring.

I think I'm gonna go vomit a little after looking at that water. :)

Renee said...

Yikes...

Changes...like tile or hardwood in the bathroom? I want to tile my bathrooms. I have linoleum, but I want tile. Just in case you were dying to know! :)

Renee said...

Oh I forgot to ask, how do you get the water out of the wall??

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

That's too bad, it sounds like such a headache, but your smart in calling the plumber. You might want to check for mold too. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mo said...

Yikes. That's ending up to be worse than you thought. What a pain!!!

Dara said...

Oh no, this is no good and I am sorry it is happening!!! If it makes you feel any better we hated the carpet in there too!

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

Okay, I remembered why I haven't come back in a while. I get sucked in and can't get out!

Love the changes you've been making around the house, so sorry to hear about your massive leak. :(

Good luck with it all, hugs!

-Ann Marie

Debra said...

Oh No!!! I soooo sorry! Good Luck...and I Love the New Room! It looks Good!

dena4kids said...

The only good point is getting rid of the carpet. I know it drives you nuts!

LOL! I love the part about your bath robes...I get the same thing from my vacuum!=)

Jennifer @ Back at the hive said...

So I use to live in this old apartment building and my slumlord was not really hip on keep up with his investment. I lived on the 1st floor and every time my upstairs neighbor took a bath or showered, I had a nice waterfall in my bathroom. He never really got it fixed.

At least you are cleaning up your own water.

Teri said...

Oh, yuck!! Good luck with that one!