Monday, March 1, 2010

We're nearly there, man.

So. . . like my living room, 'n stuff. I got to work mid-last week.

I'm slower than tar.

Maybe it's 'cause I have a 6 month old who refused to nap (why Kenna, WHY?). Maybe it's 'cause I ran out of trim. Maybe it's 'cause we had a minor water damage crisis (more on that little diddy later).

Maybe it's just 'cause I'm slow. And lazy.

Well, whatever. Anywho,

It's mostly done. MOSTLY. But I'm only gonna show you my main wall. Mostly 'cause I haven't cleaned my pencil marks off the other walls. And I haven't used my best friend, Mr. Spackle, yet.

We need a before (of course! Duh.):


And an in-betweeny:

This was where I wigged out and asked thee whole world if I was doing the right thing. Not that it mattered at this point, 'cause hey-- it had to be finished. Can't just rip that out of the wall without some repercussions, know what I'm sayin'?

Ta Da.

Man that triangle of light was buggin' me. It was coming out of a window 10 feet up.

Some art work needs to go back up there. But that would take like, work 'n stuff. Also, come on over and give me your opinion about where and which, would ya? Much obliged.

So maybe I'll get off my fat butt and finish up tomorrow. Maybe. But that would take like, work 'n stuff.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! It looks great! You're mighty talented with a miter saw and a nailer! I used the miter saw, by myself, for the first time today. It was... uh... empowering... and I think it turned my husband on! Ha!

Tiffany said...

Ooooh, I love that Mandi! Will you come do it to my living room now? :)

Kim and Franklin said...

I love it! Awesome job

chris w said...

LOVE it! So straight - no help - you are amazing.

WhettenWild said...

I think it looks great! I don't think you are slow either. I would take me forever.

dena4kids said...

Nice job! I love it! It really does add to the room! Dude I LOVE your couch!!! Where did ya get it?

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

I can't believe you DIY women. I thought I was one but I'm discovering I'm not even close. I don't know if I would take that on, all the measuring and stuff...
Tell me do you think the average Joe could do that? How do you measure it out?
Anyway, looks great.
Brooke

Emily said...

That looks, awesone!! I really like it

asklisam said...

This looks great! I just started reading your blog-had to leave a comment about your 6 mo refusing to nap. I have one of those too.... along with a gazillion unfinished projects. ;)