Friday, January 29, 2010

The makins of a 5 year old's birthday.

You can call me mean mom if ya want, but I make little to no effort for birthdays for my little ones who don't understand it's their birthday. It's just my personal thing. Don't know it's your birthday? Bewildered, confused? No presents, no party. Call me the present/party nazi. No need to start thee ole "Dudley darling. . . there are 63 presents this year. . ." too soon. What's the point of that?


Now, doing a full 180º, (or a 360º if you're a tad spatially challenged like moi) please tell me I'm not the only mom who feels like her middle children get crapped on.

My consolation is that, as a middle child, I never felt left out or less special. It helps with the guilt. It's another part of my mental situation.

Anywho, this year, Jace deserves his first party. He gets "it" (the birthday thing). He's not confused. And he's 5.
Family party plans, including massive amounts of bevi's.

A "5!" shirt for the big day, which is currently circling the dryer, as we attempt to shrink it's way too bigness.

And the making of a new potential tradition: the "Birthday Book". Ordering a leatherbound, "it's all you this year!" book.

Boys loved flippin through it,

Jamison's already begged,

AND cried,

for one.

Guess it went over well. Here's to hopin' he feels just as special as his siblings.

5 comments:

dena4kids said...

I love the "me" book. Such a cute idea! I need to make one for my kids! Thanks for the idea!=)

Happy Birthday Jace!

chris w said...

That book is such a great idea!

Heidi said...

Ditto to Dena. LOVE it! Happy Birthday to JACE!

Heidi said...

oh and i love apple soda!...but i've never seen that brand out here

Anny said...

Happy Belated! I love the book and think it should definitely become a tradition :)

I've never seen apple soda before. Does it taste like fizzy juice?