Sunday, January 31, 2010

I am not discussing the favors traded to get this done.


'Cause what was meant to be "my" (large air quotes) project quickly and largely became Jeff's project. And he was soooo not into it.
Also, I need to enroll in air quotes anonymous (or AA; not to be confused with the other AA). While I'm at it, I ought to enroll in italicizers anonymous (IA).

Anywho, do you remember this lil love?

(wisteria)
I just felt like my mudroom area could be so much. . . .more.

Not that I don't love the homies names. Or the hooks. 'Cause you know I love me some hooks.

But, huh. I put the stupid hooks too low. Great for lil kids but not great for a bench underneath. Yeesh.

Now, in my defense, this coulda been a 10 minute project. 2 cuts with the saw, and several nails with the nail gun and we're about done here.

Um, 'cept for 2 "little" problems. 1., the wall's not straight. We cut not once, not twice,

(and thanks Dad for adjusting it the 2nd time)
but thrice. Also, there's an outlet on the wall. Or as Jeff would say at work, a "receptacle" is there. Son.of.a.gun.
So the hubby "helped" me. And when I say "helped", I really mean like basically took over.
Let's get some plumber butt! Woot!

Aw. We're all so disappointed. . .

He also adjusted the recessed outlet so it'd look better in the beadboard. And I's all like "Oh ma gosh are you going to shock yourself??!"

I kept waiting for him to say "what the heck do you think I do all day?"
But he didn't. He did give me the look, though. With a "trust me".

And I had the hardest task of. . .wait for it. . . painting.

Tablesaws? Jigsaws? Electrical outlets? Puhlease. Painting's where it's at. For the record-- I begged to do the nail gunning. He's all "No, no. . . I got it." Ya martyr. ;) ;)

Tee hee! I can almost taste it done. Almost. Remember this:

To this:

For free? Added it. And just a few more things.

Yeah. Made more chalkboard tags. (*I reserve the right to change this around to whatever makes my skirt fly up*)


Ta Da.

Am I done here? Heck to the no. Flooring's up next. And when I say "next", I really mean like number 25 or so on ze leest.
So is that worth $20 total, several traded favors, and a couple hours of really annoying work?

giveaways

23 comments:

Chablis said...

That looks Ah-MA*zing*!

You are stinkin' hillarious and I dare say I just spent the 20 minutes I was supposed to be cookin' dinner reading through your posts. My kids will totally understand. :)

I'm hooked, will be back!

pk @ Room Remix said...

Awesome! I love the way it turned out.

dena4kids said...

AWESOME! I love the chalkboard tags! I's got to get me some!=) Great jod "Mandi!"(aka Jeff=)

Jenna said...

Looks great!!!!! (and I need to go to EMA- exclamation marks anonymous cause I use them WAAAAAY too much) Maybe we can all meet in the same group to help each other :)

abby @ tales and trials said...

Love your mudroom makeover. I especially like the chalkboard name tags. I love beadboard!!

abby @ tales and trials said...

Love your mudroom makeover. I especially like the chalkboard name tags. I love beadboard!!

Kim said...

I love! I am so ready to tear down the ones off my child care wall & paint & label them!! thanks. (I think LOL)

WhettenWild said...

You are going to be in some serious favor debt to Dad. LOL!

That looks so cute! What do the kiddos think?

Jessie said...

It looks great! Arianne and I decided that we need to come over for a grand house tour....you've got some fun stuff going on over there!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

love your new mudroom. This is the first time I've ever visited your blog, how is that possible, you are a total crack up!

Angie said...

Looks so great!

Amanda said...

I found your blog recently from a blog featuring your conversation heart wreath. Very cute.

I'm now slightly addicted to your blog. Love all your projects, your house full of boys and their craziness (I have four boys, I'm still hoping for my little girl to come along someday.)I can relate to vinyl lettering love-- I too have wondered if there is such thing as too much vinyl lettering in a person's home. I may have to try the glass etching you've shown. Love the "get naked" on the shower door.

Anyway...

Now that I sound like a total blog-stalking wierdo, I'll say goodbye, but I think we could be BFF's if you need one. (Ok, nevermind. That really WAS wierd.)

Heidi said...

cute...why aren't you here to do this for me ;)

Anny said...

I love it! Plus he didn't get shocked assembling it - so its a win-win.

The bench underneath is really pretty too :)

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

LOVE it, especially the chalkboard tags! You have such a great sense of humor, I was cracking up reading your post! Your husband sounds just like mine... the project-taker-over/martyr, lol!

Following you!

-Ann Marie

vanilla143 said...

LOL you make me smile! Ok really I was laughing! Thank you! looks great!

queenbee said...

Thanks for sharing, looks great.

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Oh my stinkin heck that is so cute! You did a great job, and told your story well too! I am with the gal above that needs the EA support group! (exclamation points anonymous) - yes I am an over exclaimer...

Carrie said...

Looks amazing! I totally wish I had a mud room.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That beadboard looks great! A drastic improvement over the painted walls!

Sarah said...

With your humor and your hubby's hard work this project post turned out FABULOUS!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I'm featuring this post at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

kim said...

love this, wish I had a mudroom to make my husband redo :)
this turned out great!