Sunday, October 4, 2009

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

We hit it down south this weekend-- packed up the BPB (a.k.a. "Burton Party Bus"; my parents bought a 15 seater van just for occasions such as this), and headed down to the great State of Nevada to spend some time in Gramma's condo in the lovely city of Mesquite.
Aahh Mesquite. You have to love the desert. Occasionally. Sometimes.

Now how's that for yer backyard?

My parents

and my brother and sister in law were our fellow travelers.

And let us not forget this sweet little guy who belongs to them.

Little Nolan. But I prefer to call him Nollie.
Aw- aren't they cute?



Anywho, a day was spent enjoying the fruits (yes, froo-its of the devil) of Vegas. I thought it'd be a great idea to snap a picture of the hubby and I in the Bellagio Atrium, as our engagement photos were taken there, and we are, after all, nearing our 10 year anniversary.

I'll be darned if I can find an engagement picture for comparison.
My Dad took this picture and then informed me he couldn't get my lens to focus.

I took my camera back to investigate. And my dad took my place.

Aw Dad, you crack me up.


Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Bellagio's all decorated for fall. Check out that massive beast.

Wanna know how much it weighs?

Dude.

And these trees talked.


It's just so "Lord of the Rings", man.

Let's try this again.

Note to self: standing in a pool of light is not flattering.

I guess you have to travel all the way to Vegas to see old missionary companions.

That's 'Anziano' Burton. Burton, of all last names.

What does the whole "What happens in Vegas" slogan really mean, anyway? Maybe it means all the fat you eat there stays there.


'Cause I sure do love me a good buffet.


Or maybe it means this socks and sandals disaster catastrophe'll stay there?

Yeah. I think that's it.

Or maybe this old lady who couldn't/wouldn't keep her shirt up stays there?

Yeah. Definitely getting warmer.

But seriously, I regaled my children with stories of Vegas and the fun, family things to do there. Got 'em all excited.

Those are pools of chocolate and caramel, by the way.

Ooh look!

There's me in the chocolate!

Sorry. I get distracted easily.
I was saying that my kids were excited to see a little show at the Excalibur, and so on and so forth.



And they truly have replaced everything family oriented. What was once those cool free shows at the Excalibur is now a giant bar. With a stripper. Who cheers for herself 'cause no one else is gonna.


Yeah, Johnny. Your face pretty much sums it up.

3 comments:

dena4kids said...

Sorry you didn't get to see the "show". Love the pictures! Those trees are AWESOME! My MIL has thes faces that she added to her tress in her back yard that are kind of like that, just not that elaborate.

WhettenWild said...

LOL. Johnny's face really does say it all. SO funny!

The Bellagio has changed. THose trees are really cool. What happened to Exalibur being for kids?

Matt said...

So I was in Vegas two weeks ago for business, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed all the family friendly stuff has been replaced with Adult stuff. Not cool. Not cool at all. Looks like you had a good time, though, regardless.