Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Hate It When I Do That.

You know one of the ways I can tell my life's starting to go all wiggity-wacked?

By the way my picture folders look. See any problems here?

Let me help you out: I have pictures of butt shingles. Butt. Shingles. And not a single picture of my kids around there.

Yep-- one hundred pictures or more per month, and oft times I've got a scant few of what matters most with 98% projects.

I hate it when I do that.

I hate it when I lose my priorities. Projects are fun. I live for them. I'm a boring kind a gal-- I have few hobbies.

But there's gotta be a happy medium, here, am I right?

I'm not saying my kids are neglected. 'Cause they're totally not. I'm just sayin' that I think a glimpse into what I'm photographing might just be a little

"hint hint."

"Nudge nudge."

"Wink wink."

Except for the "wink wink". 'Cause that's kind of creepy.

I'm saying that I'm not going to stop building crap. I'm saying that I have plans to start 4 or 5 new craps just this week. And that's okay.

And that's a lot of craps.

I'm just saying that I have to refocus. Regroup. Reorganize my priorities. Put some littles back at the top of my list.


'Cause I don't want to miss out on a thing.


Like, you know, tucking your shirt into your undies.

And all the other poo-flinging, crazy brouhaha around here.

'S all I'm saying.

14 comments:

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I love all the pictures of your kiddos, they seem like they really keep you on your toes! And I love that quote! I put it on a picture frame that holds a picture of my boyfriend, my niece and I at her wedding.

And most of my pictures are of projects also, so don't feel so bad

SueAnn said...

It is amazing how time flies by and me personally, I just don't want to miss a thing. Guess you don't either!! Ha! Love all the shi9rt in the undies pics!! Ha!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

ah, great post...

The Miller Five said...

Cute pictures of your kids! I wish my projects were better, so that I wanted to take pictures of them! Ha ha ha ha ha

Emily said...

You're kids are so freaking cute and they are lucky to have you as a mom!

Leca said...

I always like the fun angles you get of your kids. You have some serious talent girlie.

Brandi said...

Such a great reminder! Before we know it our kids will be grown and out the house...tear!

alamama said...

i wasn't sure of what i was going to write here, but i wanted to comment. after reading the other comments, well, ditto all that they said!

Lisa Scibilia said...

Aww you're such a good momma, all these moments you capture with your camera! It's kinda pathetic when you're going through your pics and they're mostly of projects isn't it?? That's my life too. They're awfully cute, those munchkins of yours!!! I love that you love all these moments that make up their childhood.

kevin21 said...

POLO Sweaters For Men, are few as a result of the snow blue wool's output, falls short of demand, in the market sells so-called " Snow blue wool POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men " Many are take New Zealand's half thin wool as raw material Polo for women polo. Some named " Snow blue wool " The woolen sweater, the selling price each insufficiency hundred Yuan even only several dozens Yuan, in fact are imitate the snow blue wool style the product, some " Snow blue wool polo shirt" Then becomes by many kinds of mixed wool spinning, can only make the thick yarn, the price is also cheap. Also has by the low in price, Yang who is welcome the consumer Zi the wool, is actually the lamb wool, its feel is thick, makes the yarn use. Second, the goats wool long sleeve for women wool is refers to the shag which and the dead wool on the goats wool body cuts takes POLO T-Shirts For Men.
Generally on the goats wool body's fine fur is very short, cannot reel thread, the shag also can only make the writing brush, the brush and so on, only then Mahai wool exception POLO Shirts For Men.

Missy Maker said...

I hear ya girl!! You are an awesome mom, as evidenced in your photos and fantastic stories. Keep on keeping on!

Teri said...

I just love the awesome pics of your kids...plus, "butt shingles"? Sounds painful..."butt shingles"... hehe.

jo said...

Hello. I found your article from a linked pic on pinterest. You sure have a cute and quirky writing style. It was fun to read. I was wondering if you could share with me how the floor is holding up and if you think it would work in a bathroom. Thanks,
Joanne

gebudzy said...

OMG, first off I adore your blog style. I mean, like I love it. I swear, when I type in IM I always throw people off because I use lil teeny sentences in rapid fire and they're unable to keep up. Reading your blog is exactly the way I think, so thank you!
Secondly, your kiddos are ADORABLE! The shirt tucked into the underwear is priceless.
And finally, Where did you get those green and purple stacking blocks in the photo???!!! I remember those from kindergarten, having absolutely loved them and want them so badly for my daughter, but can't seem to find them anywhere at all. Please enlighten me as to where they were purchased!
Thank you again for your fabulous blog, and Happy New Year!

~Greta in Dallas