Friday, August 19, 2011

McKiller.

All my life, when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I dreamt of a little red headed girl who would call me "mommy".

Not really--total lie. I just felt like being really dramatic today.

Indulge me for a moment, would you?

Because I'm waxing philosophical today- it's a mom thing. Or something.

I'm talking about my 2 year old. Yes, I'm talking about Mckenna "Mckiller" Tremayne. Yeah, she's earned that nickname as a 2 year old. Take my word for it.

She's the one who still has an obsession with boys underwear. And rollerskates. In that order.


The daddy's girl,

big time.

Yeah, I'm saying my daughter turned 2. And if you've been with me that long, where in thee world did 2 years go??

She loves getting her hair cut, by the by.


The one who we can't figure out for the life of us, WHY DO YOU HAVE RED HAIR?? SERIOUSLY?

And I'm not playing favorites-- I love all my kids the same, but,

having a girl has totally changed the dynamics 'round here.

To make a long story short, (TOO LATE)


We love thee crap out of her.

Thanks for indulging me.

19 comments:

Mallory said...

I love when you post pictures of Mckenna: she's freaking gorgeous!

Emily said...

She is a little cutie!

Pressed Petals said...

awww...i always wanted a red headed girl named molly. really.

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

aw, what a "sweet" post! that 2 year old of yours is a cutie patootie fo sho!

Udygirl said...

She is adorable! Does that mean you've been back in Utah for two years? Has it really been that long? It seems like just yesterday!

SoSarahSews said...

My third son turns 2 on the 24th, so I'll have boys 2, 4 and 6. I wonder what life would have been like with a little girl! She's uber cute and congrats on that 2 year mark!

gina3 said...

No problem indulging you. I have to live vicariously through everyone with a cute little girl since I don't have one. My sister had red hair and she got so much attention growing up. Little McKenna is a cutie! Aren't they all growing up too fast?!

Rebecca D said...

Awww... She is so sweet... Thanks for sharing. Your photos make me miss it when my girlies were this age!

Connie said...

Happy birthday Mckenna! I'm super jealous of your red hair!

Layne Bushell said...

I agree! Where did that two years FLY to? C.r.a.z.y!!! She's a doll and the red hair is just perfect!

Sue said...

Happy birthday little Mckiller. I long for a red headed grandchild...still waiting after 2 brunettes and 3 blondes...one day maybe.

Jen said...

She must be the milkman's kid! Where else would the red hair come from? I kid, I kid!! ;)

I LOVE this post! I know exactly how you feel! We have the same mix. 3 boys and 1 girl. I don't know if it's just the people I know, but so many families have the same thing.

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Suesan said...

I have always said, "1 girl = 3 boys" but that just may have been my baby girl. Or not. Also, my sister has 2 brunettes, 1 blonde and 1 redhead, all from the same baby daddy. Weird.

McCuteness looks like a true joy. Congrats, Momma. My girl turns 20 this year. Dang, she's old!

Megan said...

happy birthday!!!

on a red-haired side note- my mom is one of 6 kids. The youngest 2 are twins. My mom and the others have DARK brown/almost black hair- and the twins? RED. RED. RED.

who the h*ll knows!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

YES I love the shoe-roller skates. Congrats on you're youngest turning two!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I am so glad you were blessed with a girl. Especially a red headed one. Thanks for my Mandi kid post fix.

WhettenWild said...

She's just so cute!

Sue said...

I was going to vote for Crafting with the Stars today and realized I knew only a few of the ladies on the list. Well, not being one to waste my votes I decided to check out the other blogs and see what wonderfulness I have been missing on. OMG! My first time to your site and I'm hooked! Your writing style, the pictures, your energy, your sense of humor ... so very enjoyable!! I better hurry and vote before I get sidetracked. Good luck!

Teri said...

Cutie! Happy birthday! I would very much like to see evidence of things you've McKilled. Pics or it didn't happen.