Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Did I Mention I Love Summer?

Oh, only 100 times every Summer?

My bad.

Allow me to give you a little look-see of the activities we've participated in lately, would ya now puddin' pop?

I give you,

The ULTIMATE ICE CREAM SUNDAE PARTY. And this invitation would have been sooo cute, had I not had it impromptu, and therefore could not sent out the invite.

Another time, perhaps.

See, I have this thing about ice cream dishes:

I'm kind of collecting them. Is this weird? But not as weird as, like, making pork rind sculptures, right?

Along with my collectibles, and some totally adorable topping labels found here,

we had ourselves a part-ay.

Man, I am the coolest Soda Jerk that ever was.




And since we're on the topic of food, I give you:

THE DRINKING GAME.

Dudes, you must do this. Start with a fun card game.


Now, do you see this beverage?

There are no words.

Actually, there are words.

Tastes like:
"Black Licorice."
"Christmas Potpourri".
"Urinal Soap." (I'm assuming that's just a guess.)
"The taste in your mouth right before you vomit."

And finally, as my brother said:
"We cut open the can just to make sure there wasn't a dead animal inside."

The first gulp seems fine. The aftertaste makes you shudder a bit. Big deal.

But, consumed in mass quantities?

Just ask my sister in law how she felt about it.


Get yourself some urine sample cups, and anyone who loses their hand must be punished.

And if you're a total weenee, you'll fill their cup up to the brim.

Man, I nearly vomited myself.

It was awesome.

14 comments:

Janelle said...

Awesome ice cream party. Your stuff is always sooo cute. Labels... I got to get me some of those.

Awesome game. We ought to do that sometime.

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

Those are two great ideas that I am totally doing! After we get done with our two moves in the next month blek. But what a better way for my kids to introduce themselves to the neighborhoodkids than a sundae party. Awesome thanks for the idea!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, "The taste in your mouth right before you vomit" - that is so excellent! Looks like you are indeed having a fun summer!

gina3 said...

Those ice cream dishes are so cool! That's a great collection. You need to build some really cool shelving or display cabinet for them and the cute little tags you made. The drinking game? That's hysterical.

Chiemi said...

I see you're spiking the kids sippy cups too. ;) That party looks way fun. I need those dishes!

Rebecca D said...

We have done a couple sundae parties this summer with the youth group and have been having a blast... I love summer...

Here in Maine we have a soda called "Moxie" that has been around for YEARS and tastes like used motor oil... I'm thinking cards at our place this weekend!

WhettenWild said...

Ha ha! We've GOT to play that game again. Seriously rules. although I don't know if Rach would want to play this time????? ha ha.

Emily said...

Man you guys have some fun parties! I love it.

Layne Bushell said...

So much fun. The description of the root beer is classic. Maybe we have to play that game too!

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

ANOTHER reason I should be your neighbor - I love me a yummy ice cream sundae part-ay!

That drinking game looks hilarious. Diet rootbeer is nasty. I imagine it has a similar gross taste of alcohol!!! (I don't know though!)

Teri said...

Ha! I love it! :)

Newlymeds said...

Ok, that looks like the best ice cream sunday party ever!! The dishes are amazing!

j. w. said...

the shasta part HILARIOUS!

http://onerowblog.blogspot.com/

Danielle said...

Haha, I have to agree with all the comments on the shasta diet root beer, it is G-ROSS, of course I have never tasted a urinal cake to compare it.