Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch.

Just so you know what we've been up to,

besides the framing, insulating, building, digging, installing, growing/killing of plants, painting, cutting, rebuilding, staining, hanging, nailing, drilling,

and overall massive amounts of work that have gone on in these parts of the woods,

it's been life as usual out here.

You know,

like entire sticks of butter being eaten.

Or mashed potato binky dippin'.

"Ooh I have an idea. . . "

"See Mom?"

"Hmm not bad. . . "


And while we're on the topic of binkies, this mom is tired of a certain 1 year old always having one in her cry hole.

Let's just say I started taking it away with the exception of naptime.

Let's just say that 1 year old went to the extreme lengths of climbing a dresser to get one, only to pull it over on top of herself.

It was a frightening moment. I kind of gave up after that. For now.

But as I was saying about life on the Tremayne farm--

there's a slight obsession with watermelon 'round here.

After killer #3 was asking for one every single meal, I gave in. Again.


It's being partaken of for breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Snacktimes.

My floor is sticky. My chairs are sticky. My kids are sticking to each other.

And then there's the one with the boy's underwear fetish.

tighty whiteys, boxers, boxer briefs--

she's not picky. Changes pairs faster than you can say "Pick My Wedgie."

Oh, and let us not forget the minor incident,

involving a 3 year old. And running into a marble counter top. And breaking the other front tooth.

Yeah, you heard me: the other front tooth.

But on the bright side, now they're matching trashy.

And besides, we love to give all our money to the dentist.

And visit once a week or so. And not wear shoes there.

That's just how we roll.

14 comments:

WhettenWild said...

Those pictures of Mckenna with the mash potatoes are so funny. The one under those is so darling of her! Give Johnny a hug for me. Poor kiddo!

Macy at half a stick of butter the other day too. GROSS!

Layne Bushell said...

I love that you are so honest. We never have shoes on...anywhere we go. Who's the worst? Do you need to ask...why it's Thing 3 of course...

slommler said...

I see you are "rolling along" quite nicely!! Ha!!~
Chipped front tooth and nakey feet...sounds normal too me!!
Great picture montage!!
And we love watermelon here too!! I haven't thought about it for breakfast!! Well, yes I have but haven't done it yet! Ha!
Good luck
Hugs
SueAnn

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

It's gonna be a good week. I got to start it off with Tremayne kid pics. Love those posts. Your poor son's teeth. :(

LE FITNESS- Pilates and Personal Training said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only parent who's kid has chipped both of their front teeth! I'm just glad it's the baby teeth.
P.s- can't remember where I found your blog, but I love it. I check in almost daily and have had a great laugh along with some inspiration.

Emily said...

Those pictures of McKenna are so cute! I can't hide Bella's binki's anywhere either. She climbs everything to get them. Even on top of the fridge.

I'm sorry about Johhny's tooth, poor guy!

Lisa said...

I am SO getting myself a binky at the store today. That looks like a MUCH more fun way to eat mashed spuds!!

gina3 said...

That's so funny about the watermelon. My son went through a phase with yogurt. He would eat a yogurt, wash it down with drinkable yogurt and then have a gogurt for dessert (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

The hair on that little girl is the perfect shade! People would pay big bucks for that hair color.

Great update! Carry on.

Teri said...

Glad to hear all is back to normal. ;) I'm glad McKenna wasn't hurt! I still remember pulling the TV over on myself when I was about 4...scary stuff! I'm loving your new blog look, BTW!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Ahh Mckenna is so cute!

Mandi, reading stories about your kids makes me forget everything that is wrong with the world, if only for a moment.

Shirley said...

Wow. I don't know what to think. You post, with pics, but none of "the projects"??? What's up with that?! Okay, fine, the kids are ultra cute, so I'll let ya slide....this time! :) Now get busy! (like you aren't already the busiest person I've ever seen...)

Terrell said...

You are such a supermom!! I know you have moments of OMG!!! But I totally admire you and think you're amazing! These are moments that some will never get out of life..and that's just sad...so thanks for keeping it real! Hate to hear about the accidents along the way..but I seriously just love your blog!
HUGS!!

Lauren said...

My 2yr old went to see the dental nurse and she gave me a hard time about his overbite due to...binkie. I only allow it at nap times(the rest of the family however cave when he makes THE NOISE).
Prick a hole in the end of the binkie, in a few days snip the end with scissors and keep going until she won't want it any more.
This is the process we have started (it worked on my eldest), if you want to give it a go.
PS LOVE your blog and adore the photos of the kids, from New Zealand :)

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

Mandi girl, you are rocking amazing! So sorry to hear about little man's other tooth, bummer! I love your quotes and think that you are brilliant for framing them at your vanity table!! I cannot believe everything you achieve on a daily basis. Wish so much that we were neighbors!! big hugs, Cathy (and so glad that we are blog friends!)