Thursday, December 9, 2010

Visions of Sugarplums, yo.

You know I love some bokeh. Don't ya?


So dreamy.

And so when I saw the Holiday Bokeh Party going on today,


I knew I wanted to participate with my craptastic snaps.

Mighthaps you noticed that the cover of the December Pottery Barn catalog was a boy and some Christmas bokeh, even.

So, anywho,
I already had this one of the eldest.

And then I had some good fun adding to it:

And I would like you to know 2 things about these snaps:
1. although I may still be an idiot when it comes to my new camera, I would like you to know that I am ov.er.joyed with my camera that these two were taken at 1600 ISO. It was so daggone dark in my house when I snapped these.

and 2. I may have resorted to bribery to get the two of them to stay there.

Which led me to snap using inanimate objects.

Used my new white floor (tee hee!)

for some other snaps.
(more on that new white floor later)

And finally, Mckenna's winter dress, just 'cause it happened to still be in the laundry (evil horror) room soaking from the orange crayon she drew on the front.

Guess it's kind of confusing to have a girls' dress hanging on Jace's hook, huh? Kinda.

19 comments:

bensrib said...

Well, I'll just be a hot, secure, cool person then. Love your bokeh, and your blog made me laugh more than once. Thanks.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I love your Bokeh! Taht sounds fun doesn't it? Dont' let yoru son wear the dress!

Emily said...

So cool! I want to be able to take sweet pictures like those. Do you think my awesome point and shoot camera will work?? Ü

WhettenWild said...

Finally I got your pictures to come up! Those pictures are fantastic! You are awesome!

gogovivi said...

I adore the last one with the tutu. So sweet!

Alli said...

I like bokeh, it lends a certain elegance to pictures. Yours are beautiful!

Christine said...

Great bokeh! Love all your shots!

Robyn Lee said...

Ohhh.. I love the shot with the dress! Very cool bokeh : )

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

You brought holiday lights into the laundry room so you could get festive bokeh shots on the new white floor?

That, woman, is some serious dedication.

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

so jealous!! you are gifted with everything! refresh my memory on the specifics of your camera? add white floor envy to the list! hugs, cathy

Dara said...

Seriously, I am NOT kidding....can we just hang out and you give me some pointers...You know, let the kids run wild, your house or mine, and you just help me learn ANYTHING other then AUTO on my cannon....Pretty Please! It will be the best present in the entire world! It will also be a feel good moment for you to know you are helping the "slow" kid in class! SERIOUSLY!

Joni said...

beautiful. especially the first one!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Confession. I didn't know what bokeh was, so I had to google it.

I get it now.

Way to bokeh the heck out of those pictures!

Michelle said...

Love the nativity shot (and your white floor!) and the one with the ornaments in the jar.

The shots with your kids are adorable! I think that the iso1600 w/ some noise is a very fair trade off to get some great memories!

Lisa said...

Oh, I love the one with the dress!

Teri said...

Ok, so I had to google "bokeh", but now, I'm in love. What awesome photos! :)

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Apparently I am an idiot and dont know what a Bokeh is...not the first time something like that has happened. (Thats what she said)

I love you lady!! I am jealous of your mad skillz and your new white floors. Can I copy you and do it in my bathroom? Would it hold up?

Love your guts
mandi

Jen said...

OH.MY.GOSH!!!! Yes, that was me on the card isle! Too funny. Next time I'll be sure to say "HI!" =)

Domain said...

Bribery is way underrated. I am securely on "Team Bribery."

cute pics!

darcy
http://my3boybarians.com