Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The place where evil and horror happens.

You knew I was talking about the laundry room, didn't ya? Didn't ya?

Yep. Unspeakable horror.

Welcome back to my room of torture.

I don't clean my laundry room for you, or anybody.
Actually, I did kind of clean that dump up. A little. Just keeping it real.


Perhaps you might remember back in the day when I found this little diddy for inspiration.

(wisteria)

Which led me to do this to my wall:

And there I left it.
Perhaps you might have noticed my floor in there.

White linoleum. There's nothing really wrong with it; nothing really right, either.

Didn't help that some moron spilled paint across it.

Wait I think I might have just called myself a moron.

Anywho, after my ceiling planking incident/project,

(you know, this one?)

I said to myself,
"Self, how come I can't do this kind of cheap project on the floor??"

That did not come out right. You know what I mean.

So when Lori at Frugal Farmhouse Design


did just that, I decided to go for it, man. You know, kind of complete that stolen Wisteria look up there. Wide, white planked floors. . . aaahhh.


And here I was after 1 1/2 hours of hard labor. Not the pregnancy kind.

And I am here to tell you, at 10:30 pm, that we are done with the install. It'll get its coat of white wash in the morning.

And, um, since I failed to mention that I was doing this project to thee um, hubby, I hope he likes it too . . .

17 comments:

Halls Huddle said...

Seriously? You jet home from a Relief Society dinner and whip out a wood floor in the laundry room? You never cease to amaze, girl. Love it!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

well, it's looking fan-freakin-tastic!

Jen said...

I really want to say that I HATE YOU, but I don't. I'm in awe of you!!!! You are the AWESOMEST EVER!!!!!!!! I really need to hang out with you and learn your talents.

dena4kids said...

I love it! I can't wait to see it all done! I might even enjoy going in that laundry room. Not to do laundry of course but just to look at the floor!
(I HATE LAUNDRY!Just FYI.=)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I think it will be great. You have no fear do you? Hurry and dry paint so Mandi can take pics.

Pressed Petals said...

I LOVE your laundry room! How cute is it that it is upstairs! I love the photo from wisteria too! What kind of wood are you using? Seriously.

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Snort!

You have a way understanding husband.

Because as much as mine loves me, and would probably let me do almost anything I wanted to the house, coming home and finding a new FLOOR that he didn't know about would in fact cause a little tension in the Kingdom.

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

you are crazy!! tell us the detaila! are you sure you can just go right over linoleum? bet if you had my lovely shade of forest green linoleum that you wouldn't have covered it up (ughhhh)! did you get your cards done? if so, you need to link up with my latest post!!!

chris w said...

I agree with the otherss - you really are amazing.

I imagine your kids associate the sound of a nail-gun with drifting off to sleep. :)

Carrie said...

a girl after my own heart! can't wait to see the finished floors :)

Janelle said...

:)

Emily said...

I am so jealous. I want a laundry room. I only have a closet. I love the coat hangers. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Looking good! :)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

I sure wish you would hurry up and finish that project. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Love the chalkboard door.
Brooke

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Yes yes yes! I saw that way back when, I was hoping someone else would do this to their floors.

Leca Unplugged said...

I LOVE. YOUR. FLOOR!!!! I can't believe what mad skillz you have! Seriously-- I'll just whip up a floor today... um-- awesome!!

Teri said...

Ha! How did he react? This is awesome, Mandi! Do you have to do anything to it to protect from splinters?