Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All in a day's work.

No one died.

My cat didn't get run over. No one lost a job. No arms were broken.

I'm not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me. I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep in my big pillow tonight.

I'm just sayin',

that apparently I can't measure, 'cause I've got three incorrect cuts of trim for that darn room I'm workin on, plus that I didn't buy enough trim anyway, and I'm pretty discouraged.

That I had a poop stain on the carpet to clean up,
the dishwasher ain't workin' right,
the sink in the bathroom leaks,

peanut butter in the car,

and ground-in Play Doh in front of the couch,

ON the couch,
BEHIND the couch,
orchestrated NOT by the 2 year old mind you, but these two yokels.


(can't I have one room for myself that's kept clean? just one?)
It's not that there's massive amounts of laundry waiting for me, or Uno cards spread everywhere.
It wasn't so much that John can't pronounce "truck" without leaving out the "r" and saying an "f" in place of the "t" every.where.we.go., or that I caught the Jacester drinking dill pickle juice out of the jar,

or that John carried this around yelling "Toothbrush! Toothbrush!" and only heaven knows where it's been.

It's definitely not that my 6 year old's smile is like this,

because I love it (as all mom's do).

It's about this:

which is cute- but see the pin hanging out of it?

Can you ask him what posessed him to take that pin, walk up behind me, wait for me to bend down to trade loads of laundry from the washer to the dryer, and shove that pin right into my arse cheek?

I mean, that type of thing is funny on Tom & Jerry; but right into my rear? I didn't ask him because I was too busy man-yelling.

Now again, it's all in a mother's day's work, I know. But there's 2 pounds of chocolate bridge mix in the pantry. And I feel like I earned a 1/2 a pound. At least.
I'm just sayin'.

16 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

That's it. You're coming to dinner at my house tomorrow night. I know you need it tonight to go with the bridge mix, but we're going to my sisters for dinner. Sorry for the bad timing. We'll chat later!

gina3 said...

They certainly are two of the cutest yokels. Now, as for what he's doing to the word "truck", I don't think we can blame that on articulation development. I think he's just having a little fun at your expense. I got a laugh out of it.

Lori said...

Yes save half the bridge mix, because after all Scarlet, tomorrow is another day... gotta love being a Mom.

Joanna Taylor said...

Whoa darlin', I feel yer pain.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Hil-ar-i-ous!!!! Thanks for the laugh. Now go ice that arce.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Oh you are so funny. Your photos area always so crisp and clear. What is your secret? Love the pics of your kiddos.

Renee said...

Oh.my...we had the same day...sort of. No pin pokin' here...

Rod works?

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Well, I have experienced the peanut butter, playdoe, not buying enough trim or cutting it too short, and the poop on the carpet. But, never have I experienced the pin in the arce. That is a good one! And it will be funny in about 3 to 6 months. Get out the chocolate and head for the bathtub, that always helps. (Be sure the hubby is home to watch the kids while in the tub).
Brooke

Sarah and Brian said...

Oh my GOSH! HILARIOUS, well for you anyway!! I get such a kick out of your blog. How did you get the play doh out? We know a good carpet cleaner to get the poop out too, if you need it.

littlebeachbum said...

I just discovered your blog through 3 Ring Cottage, and even though I feel for you, what with the horrible-no-good-very-bad-day described in this post, I have to say that you are split-your-pants hilarious. Oh my gosh. I can't wait to read through your archives!

Janelle Bartlome said...

Dude. Did all those thinghappen on the same day?

I never had to do the Kindergarten loose tooth cub. My 2 older boys- no loose teeth until 2nd grade. So no pokes in the buttocks for me yet.

Sorry, but I did laugh.

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Oh, the ground in Play-Doh!

I still have nightmares.

*shudder*

1 Funky Woman said...

Ouch! I can hear the man yelling now! Go for the bridge mix but don't eat it near the poopy carpet because you might have a little barf and poop to clean up! Question, who's poop is it anyway? No I really don't want to know, because I have been there, really and poop is poop!

Hope it gets better, do you want my Miller Lite?

dena4kids said...

Girl, I am not laughing at you...I am laughing near you. Just come on over. I will get some ice for that "cheek" (heeehee) and you bring the drinks and I have the glasses!You know the ones!=)

shelly said...

Oh my gosh---I needed that laugh! (So sorry about your cheek!). Its gotta be boys! Our oldest used to freak when we visited daddy at the fire station--- Pire FRUck! Pire Fruck! Pire Fruck! It gets better with time...although flying rambance (flying ambulance!) Is still our favorite term for the helicopter :)

WhettenWild said...

Sorry! Can't get over the pin in the rear. What the????