Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We've been framed.

The living room windows, that is.

The players.

Fluting.

Some very choice molding. Very, very choice.


It wasn't pretty getting it done. Me, on a stepstool, holding a 10 foot piece of crown above my head. The nail gun with my knees.

And imagine my supreese when a piece of nail shot out of the wall and hit my cheek.
It didn't hurt. Much. But it did certainly shock the crap out of me. I got lucky.

These pieces- they're a back-cut from the leftover crown. They're very frageelay.

But with some wood glue, they make these gorgeous corners.


And we're done here. This was a more expensive project for me. About $60. But I love the outcome.

Ya know? I'm kinda burned out with large-ish projects. I think I'll rest a bit. I know! Let's finish the basement!

hehehe. . . he.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go put my freakin' living room back together. Boys are jousting each other with the freakin' curtain rod. And it's really ticking me off.

11 comments:

Laney said...

Ooh...I love this! Are you putting a curtain over it??

Kendall said...

Wow! This looks great! My windows have NO moulding (2006 home with little to no architectural details) This makes such a big difference!

Emily said...

That looks cool. I like it. I may steal this idea for my bedroom it has windows like this

Dara said...

Looks AMAZING! Will you be doing the same in the "music room"? Or with the lonely window in that living room?
Congrats...Job well done!!
Perhaps you should come to my house and decor up some things!!!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

That moulding looks great both the walls and the window. Great job!
Brooke

Rachel said...

Good job, it reallys looks great. I can't believe you did that yourself, I guess I am just too big of a pansy to try these things.

chris w said...

Beeyouuteeful! Seriously, can you just come over? So much easier.

Glad you didn't get a nail in the eye - sheesh!

Amanda said...

Nice! Why aren't houses already built with nice details like that? I guess probably some are... mine wasn't.

Really, it looks great!

dena4kids said...

I LOVE IT! Come on over and bring your nail gun to my house!

WhettenWild said...

It looks SO good! I love it!!!

Scary about the nail. That would freak me out. I guess I worked for WCF for too long........those kind of things freak me out.

Kristi @ Creative Kristi said...

Way to go! And I would have been totally done as soon as I got hit in the cheek!
I came over from The Shabby Nest ;)
Thanks for sharing!