Thursday, February 4, 2010

Please Join Me In The Boudoir.

(get your mind out of the gutter)

Zees, ees za boudoir.

It's kinda blah. Kinda boring. I like it, but just kinda. Never had inspiration for this room. It's kinda thrown together. I do like my $30 Hob Lob nightstands and lamps, though.

Now, don't hassle me. I know this room ain't catalog ready.

I didn't even point out the spit up marks on the floor and comforter, or how wrinkled everything is, umkay? And I know my bed is lacking. As soon as I get off my fat butt and stain my headboard and footboard, I'll have a gawgeous bed. Don't you judge me!

If you had a dollar for every time I requested no judgement ("judgment" or "judgement"? Huh.), you could buy yourself a really nice. . . big mac meal.
Just for kicks and giggles, this was my room the day I moved in:

Yes, I painted it. While pregnant. And the Lowe's guy judged me. But my doctors didn't. So there. Take that, grouchy Lowe's man.

Anywho, this room clearly needs. . . something. Anything. Now, I adore moulding and trim of any kind. I think it's a permanent improvement to any area in the house. I adore crown moulding. Do you see my ceiling? I love that it's arched, but that's not the best for crown, my peeps.

Then I saw this. Faux wainscoting, my peeps.

And I thought to myself: "Self, you can do this kind of faux wainscoting without having intervention from the hubs." And as soon as that crossed my mind, I was ready to drop everything else and get started. SO! Off we go! Woot!

Oh man. . . my mind is whirring with the mathematical calcuations. . . a 13 foot wall. . . 3 inch length boards. . . how do I space these? Oh crap. . .

Marked the wall out, marked my boards out. . .

Plumber butt, plumber butt!

I'm sorry. You can give me a wedgie the next time I say that.

For the record, though, I really did have some bad plumbers butt. Glad Jamison didn't come around to the other side of the bed.


Pa-ching, pa-ching, pa-ching! (oh sorry- that's the nailgun going off. Those things are a hoot!)


Remember that I have crooked sickness. I took using the level very seriously.

Don't talk about my hair like I'm not even here! (don't worry it'll get a makeover the very next morning)

Ooh, I'm likin' it already.


*INTERMISSION*
(i.e., I ain't sleepin' in a room with strong paint odors; we shall reconvene at daybreak. Don't go away, now.)

8 comments:

La TempĂȘte said...

Ooh! I like where this is going! Can't wait to see what happens next! :D

WhettenWild said...

Um, your hairdo is totally "unapproved" and I'm telling! J/K.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Emily said...

i saw that exact same post and plan to do the same thing in my room. Too bad I'm not brave enough to tackle the project without the hubsters. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished.

chris w said...

I love me some faux wainscoating.

FleaMarketTrixie said...

Can't wait to see it all finished.



P.S. you asked about the background in one of my pictures, it is actually wrapping paper I purchashed at Ballard Designs.

Renee said...

LOL...I know what Mo means...

Okay, seriously...can I make an appointment with you to have you walk through my home & give me some pointers, ideas, suggestions to tell me how I can change some things? Seriously...so not kidding! :)

Renee said...

Do you like this way better then beadboard????

dena4kids said...

I really love this idea! It adds so much to the room!=)