Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The craziest idea I've had, yet.

This will top weird in projects, I guarantee.

An old door as decor. I took this idea I had and ran with it. Tweaked it, if you will. And my totally kind daddy-o was nice enough to humor me. In fact, if I mentioned it to anyone I usually got a strange stare, and a "What?" Yeah, I know, it is strange.

But ze door ees feeneeshed. And I adore eet.

Again, the $5, beat up door:

Oh, and the free 20 year old shutters.

The cheapest spraypaint, like evah.

I mean that both ways. 99 cents, and cheap in quality. Which is purrrrrr-fect for an old look. Puuurrr fect. Sprayed it, distressed it.

Ooh, it's lookin' old already.

An old, ornate door knob thingy:

$2.50. Yeah, that's it. 'S why I love Hob Lob.

$2.50 each for these. What a sweet pair of knockers.

What??

Some signage. (Did I mention I can cut my own vinyl now? Now I just have to bug myself when I need some. But that's another post.)



And we've got a finished product. Almost.

I can't wait for the shutters to go up. I think it's really going to be the cherry on top. We are just going to hinge 'em so that's thee last step.

So, $15.50 for my mostest favoritest decoration in the house. Yeah, it's weird. It's me weird.

19 comments:

Joanna said...

Love it. LOVE IT! And I was serious about needing your help. Serious help. My house is all brown. I'm in a rut. When you're done with su casa, come to mine. I'll wine and dine you. I swear.

chris w said...

oooooh, I like!!

Renee said...

OH! I love it! C'est mangnifique!
I think it's amazing. Paaaahhhhlease come to mi casa & do your magic! :)

I've never set foot in Hobby Lobby, I think I need to! :)

WhettenWild said...

I LOVE that! You are awesome.....and I still don't know how you get all of these projects done being such a busy mom. You rock!

pk @ Room Remix said...

Awesome look for $15! Great job...

Cha Cha said...

OH HOW I LOVE THIS. I will have to try this I know exactly where I want it. THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

I love this idea!! So glad I found your blog now iess off to zeee the rrest of it.

blessings
mary

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It's gorgeous! I love it! You did a beautiful job distressing it!

deborah said...

clever girl, you did an amazing job. LOVE IT!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

so beautiful!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Haha you had me cracking up with your writing. Oh yes! The door is fab! Very cool idea!

Thanks for linking up to SNS! I need to go see what else you've got weird on. :)

(I like weird)

FJ Donna

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I think it's a cool idea! Love the paint and the wording. This would work great in a mudroom, too, where someone could add hooks for coats and stuff. Very creative!

Jenn @ Livin' the Simple Life said...

Not weird...inspired and AWESOME! :)

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Oh, I'm swooning, and drooling.
This is perfect. Really, perfect.

I love products that don't mess around with a fancy name.
Spray Paint... means spray paint! LOL

~Amy

Tammy at Tattered and Timeless said...

Love it..you did a great job at the distressing part. And HobLob always comes through dont they?
Can't wait to see it with the shutters..now go think of another totally weird thing okay?
tammy

FleaMarketTrixie said...

oh, very nice, love that!

Denise said...

I like weird as well. It's wonderful, and your writing made for a fun visit as well! I'll be back!

Bethany Haile said...

So cute! I need to do something like that in my hallway...thanks for the inspiration. And I LOVE your knockers! ;)
Bethany @ Happy By Design

Anny said...

I love this!