Friday, October 9, 2009

There's no place like home.

We're home, and I can't tell you how happy I am.

I missed my hubby who's been out of town nearly nonstop, who I begged to come home early 'cause I needed his help, and he obliged by changing his flight.

I missed these little guys so much.

I even missed the messes and the bizarre can stacking.

Um, Jeff? No offense but what is our son wearing?

Are his shorts (shorts? really?) on backwards?

Anyways, back to missing my kids. Love them. Missed them. I'm starting to sound like I was gone 2 weeks instead of 2 days.

I realized that I really love my bed. And Mckenna's bed. But that's not important.

I realized this week that not only am I grateful for my kids, I'm grateful for their health. The truly sick kids at the hospital have honestly broken my heart. Their moms and what they're going through, too.

Now if you'll excuse me- I'm gonna go annoy the crap out of my kids by kissing them too much. And enjoying us all at home. And healthy.

5 comments:

WhettenWild said...

I'm so glad she is home and well! I hope you get some needed rest now. Give all of my cutie's a hug from Aunt Monique. Love you guys!

The Schoonies said...

Oh Mandi...that is such a bummer about McKenna. I hope that you both get feeling better:) Enjoy your weekend at home as a family.

dena4kids said...

I am so happy that everyone is home and well! Enjoy your little ones and annoy them for me!=)

BTW does McKenna always sleep with her arm over her head? I think it is soo cute!(I sleep with my arm over my head too.)

Heidi said...

Glad to hear your home. Shorts backwards totally made me laugh. :)

Jen said...

I'm such a bad friend. I had no idea that anything was going on. Hope all is well and you are able to get some sleep. Call me when you get a chance so I don't call and wake you up!