Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am not a happy camper.

We've been invaded.

And I honestly feel like some stranger has entered my home without permission. Violated, if you will.

Now, I'm not a screamer-- I don't know how to girly scream, but you might hear a strange man-yell come out of my mouth if I see any fur again.
I ain't takin chances. I made a call, and I said come over. ASAP. I don't care how much it costs.

Jeff said "Aw, it's not that big a deal. They're kinda cute."
Oh. NO. you di-n't.
The first night, I dreamt all night long of the little beasts. I feel kinda traumitized.
How did they get in? It didn't make me feel any better when the orkin dudes said they can fit through the size of a dime. For the record, we've got traps everywhere, and we haven't caught a thing. I don't know what this means.

9 comments:

Alissa said...

be glad it was just a mouse. we lived in rat (8 inch long) laden squalor for almost 3 years.

Jessie said...

As you know, I can totally feel for you. I went out of town until they were caught. :)

Trina said...

Eeek! My poor mom always did the scream-and-leap when rodents showed up, and I always told myself I would avoid that reaction as a mother, so I wouldn't pass it on to my kids. So the morning a mouse ran through the kitchen as I was doing the girls' hair, I can remember thinking, "Stay calm. Don't scream. Dont' scream. Wait, who's that screaming? . . . .oh, ME."

And then I went straight to the hardware store on SUNDAY (gasp!) for instruments of death. My kids, who I wasn't going to pass my fear to, wouldn't leave the top bunk bed for the rest of the day.

Jen said...

ROTFL!!! I couldn't stop laughing at this one. The strange man yell got me! Mice are just nasty little things. Too bad it wasn't Johnny:-) I'd give your landlord the bill for that visit!

WhettenWild said...

You know how I feel about this. I would scream my head off and then head to a hotel.

If I recall correctly, mom had a mouse run down her body and she screamed and tried to run away but instead ended up doing the splits all while 9 months preggo with you...........so NO preggo splits!

dena4kids said...

YUCK! I hate mice! Hopefully you can catch the little fella!

The Schoonies said...

ew gross! i would be screamin too!

Renee said...

OH.MY.HECK! I about had a coronary from that first picture on your post. I got the chills just from looking at it.

When we had one, I packed a suitcase & we stayed at my Mother-in-laws...so that tells ya how freaked out I was... I won't even go into mission stories. And that story Mo has with Alexia...oh man...*shivers*...Ok, I can't handle this. I hope they catch them for you!

Big Momma said...

Don't you feel differently towards Tom & Jerry cartoons, now? After our big experience with the cute little mammals, I was definitely rooting for Tom!
And then, after getting rid of them, our house began to stink. To reek. We thought it was the baby, but he was clean. After plugging our noses for a week or so, we found the smell. One of those furry visitors had hidden under the refrigerator, and died in the the drip pan. He wasn't very cute when we pulled him out.